Home

Slipping in Bad Conditions?

This is a discussion on Slipping in Bad Conditions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Slipping in Bad Conditions?

I can't stop laughing at the comments trying to justify that players don't slip in bad conditions. So why do players at all levels bring extra cleats? Why do trainers bring ice picks or whatever to remove mud from cleats? Anyway...I've seen referees slip and bust their @$$es.

Speaking of the Florida vs. Florida St. game....I remember Major Wright or #21 (lol) getting an int and he just slipped flat on his butt.

Players have some slippage on most plays in sloppy field conditions...its just they don't slip and fall every play. Speaking from experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #26
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Slipping does happen, don't be naive to think it doesn't happen.

Some days, certain fields aren't good and are just slick, like when Iowa played @Pittsburgh, a LOT of players were slipping that game..
Old 06-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 16

LOL at this thread. People dont slip in bad conditions

Really? I prefer all you people who say they dont slip to watch a football game when it is played in bad conditions. Heck, people slip in dry conditions! Dont tell me they dont, because everyone, athlete or not slips in dry conditions. Like when they are tripped by someone, or they slip off of a step, or if there shoes are untied. Its a common and natural occurance. If you want examples of people slipping in bad conditions, go watch the Florida/Florida State game from last season. And also watch the scene from the Longest Yard when there practice field got drenched. I know that was just a movie but still. Knowing people slip in bad conditions is common sense. If you say that they dont, then common sense is something you lack. Lacking common sense gets you absolutely no where in life.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamrungreen11
Have any of you ever played football in the rain/snow because I have and I don't recall slipping once and I ran a 4.5 40 time so it wasn't a matter of slow momentum...
Yes...I played HS football....Yes, I played in the rain on muddy fields...Yes, you CAN slip and fall.

I know the last part because it essentially ending my playing career when I was trying to cut back, began to slip as the grass and mud came out from under me and was then hit up top. I looked like the play on NCAA where the tackle is made and it looks like the guy should have blown out his knee...makes me cringe every single time I see it. (I actually got sick when Willis McGahee blew up his leg in the Fiesta Bowl back in 2001..or was that the 2002 Fiesta Bowl?)

The result was a high-lo where my knee went one way and my body went the other...tore the ACL and MCL and had me in a hip to ankle cast for 6 weeks after surgery followed by 8 months of rehab and I was never even close to the same after that...so yes, I think slipping on a wet field is entirely possible.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

On a seperate note, if EA can get these exaggerated slips and falls into the game to simulate bad field conditions or wet weather, why oh why can they not apply the SAME THING to change of direction momentum?????

Not only does it clearly appear that this mechanic will only apply to the WR (it IS being hyped as "WR Slips" and NOT as "Player Slips"), this kind of selective implentation of physics is endemic to the game and actually something the producers are PROUD of in another case...

So yes, while I 100% agree that it is POSSIBLE and sometimes LIKELY for players to slip on wet fields, it is equally likely that RBs, QBs, FSs, SSs, LBs and anyone else on the field could ALSO slip and fall. Just as it is likely that people attempting to juke and spin and move the way you can in NCAA Football would either fall down or tear a muscle!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

^well, we know QBs can slip on their dropback. other than WRs and QBs, not sure who else can(haven't seen any video or confirmation on who all can slip).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Of course everyday people like you and I would slip but players in the NCAA probably dont.

I barely watch college football, but I watch the NFL like it is a religion..and I barely see anyone slip when the weather is poor.
Reppin wisconsin for a minute, just like ghettoshark said play up here in the winter time and it's almost impossible not to lose balance or slip at least once.

but everyday people or NCAA athlete losing footing is uncontrollable. Doesn't matter who you are.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »