Home

Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

This is a discussion on Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #41
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's sim because there are schools in real life that do the same thing. should it happen? no, but does it happen? yes. you can't unlock 50 a year only one and you have to pay for it every year and I don't think any accelerator would land you the top 25 recruits. and the bigger issue is if you're involved in a dynasty with someone pathetic enough to shell out money every season for these things than A. it will probably be pretty evident which will allow you to call that person out and B. why would you even be in a dynasty with that kind of person in the first place?. If i were in a online dynasty i'd welcome all my competitors to get these accelerators and then I'd continue to beat their asses on the field every year.
I know I exaggerated in my previous post but how can schools buy pipeline states in real life? If you can answer me that question then I will stop arguing with you guys.

Show me how all of these things occur in real life and don't give unfair advantages to people in game. Please enlighten me. I'll wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I know I exaggerated in my previous post but how can schools buy pipeline states in real life? If you can answer me that question then I will stop arguing with you guys.

Show me how all of these things occur in real life and don't give unfair advantages to people in game. Please enlighten me. I'll wait.
very easily. a school decides to increase their recruiting efforts in a particular area of the country so they allocate more funds into their recruiting budgets. it happens all the time. does it give unfair advantages? of course. you don't think FSU has more funds available to their football program than does FAU?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #43
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
very easily. a school decides to increase their recruiting efforts in a particular area of the country so they allocate more funds into their recruiting budgets. it happens all the time. does it give unfair advantages? of course. you don't think FSU has more funds available to their football program than does FAU?
Right that comes out of the school's athletics money. Not the Coaches or A.D.'s pocket. DLC comes out of my pocket. If they added school budgets and we can cut money for training or our medical staff to increase scouting and recruiting money for a specific state then I would have no problem with this.

As it is now the money has to come from someones bank account and that is a horrible trend we are seeing with today's video games. Also add in the fact that people can do this online it is effectively cheating. I know Russ has alluded that they are going to implement something for Online Dynasties and this DLC but don't think for a second that this is close to what happens in real life.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #44
MVP

never said it was a perfect representation, but it's something resembling real life. the game doesn't have any way to separate the coach, from the team, or the AD. so if you pay money out of your pocket it can be looked at as the team/AD/coach anyway you want to look at it. for instance in an online dynasty if your competitor is controlling FSU they're controlling everything about them. schedule, recruiting, whether or not to cheat, whether or not an injured player goes back into the game which in real life wouldn't be the coaches decision either, but i don't hear anyone screaming about that not being sim. also, last time I checked coaches don't decide if a school will accept conference invites, but again nobody complains about that either.

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-16-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #45
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
never said it was a perfect representation, but it's something resembling real life. the game doesn't have any way to separate the coach, from the team, or the AD. so if you pay money out of your pocket it can be looked at as the team/AD/coach anyway you want to look at it. for instance in an online dynasty if your competitor is controlling FSU they're controlling everything about them. schedule, recruiting, whether or not to cheat, whether or not an injured player goes back into the game which in real life wouldn't be the coaches decision either, but i don't hear anyone screaming about that not being sim.
I don't know if you played sports in college but if a player and coach want the player in, the training staff will do nothing to stop them. It's called AMA (Against Medical Advice) so the trainer is under no liability if the player re-injured themselves so it has an aspect of what happens in real life. I went against my trainers recommendations to not compete a handful of times. An athletic trainer can't hold you out of competition if you still want to compete.

It has no representation of real life anyway because you build pipeline states in real life by building relationships with coaches in that area and having them recommend your school to recruits. You can't just buy pipeline states in real life no matter how you look at it. It really is a video game mentality to think you can just buy stuff like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I don't know if you played sports in college but if a player and coach want the player in, the training staff will do nothing to stop them. It's called AMA (Against Medical Advice) so the trainer is under no liability if the player re-injured themselves so it has an aspect of what happens in real life. I went against my trainers recommendations to not compete a handful of times. An athletic trainer can't hold you out of competition if you still want to compete.
I did and thanks for backing up my point. did the coach make the decision by themselves for you to play? it doesn't appear the player has any say in the matter in the NCAA10

Quote:
It has no representation of real life anyway because you build pipeline states in real life by building relationships with coaches in that area and having them recommend your school to recruits. You can't just buy pipeline states in real life no matter how you look at it. It really is a video game mentality to think you can just buy stuff like that.
and you don't think part of building relationships involves spending money?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

To justify this as a sim move is a complete joke! But even with that my problem with this is that there are so many things that should have made it in this year that didnt because it got taken off the list. How in the world is this a higher priority over all the other things?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
To justify this as a sim move is a complete joke! But even with that my problem with this is that there are so many things that should have made it in this year that didnt because it got taken off the list. How in the world is this a higher priority over all the other things?
because not unlike some of the other things they added that you don't like it has the potential to make them more money sorry that's just a reality of life my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »