Home

Yankee Stadium

This is a discussion on Yankee Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Yankee Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
From what I can tell based on what Adam has said. I think Minnesota and San Jose State's new stadium are the next on the docket. After that I hope they finish all the others and add the Bowl stadiums (exact replica or not).

If the Madden team can make a close proximity of Soldier Field without infringing on legal issues, why cant the NCAA team make 'replica' stadiums that look like the MLB parks but have slightly different features and a different name?
Well, it is a fine line. There are definitely gray areas. It also depends on when the stadium was built. I think after a certain period of time (like 20 years), they become public domain. We can't use the name, but can use the likeness. We have to license buildings you see in the background of stadiums if they are new enough as well!

As far as our plans for stadiums, we want to get the rest in for 11. Minnesota is obviously at the top of the list, but we should be able to get to the other ones. We also have San Jose State, Akron, and FIU with new stadiums coming in, though San Jose State I recall was a little bit in the future. I wonder what the status is on that... California is going through a budget crisis and I believe SJSU is a public school, so it might be on hold. If that is the case we might just bite the bullet and make their current stadium as well.

Last edited by OMT; 06-16-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #26
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Well, it is a fine line. There are definitely gray areas. It also depends on when the stadium was built. I think after a certain period of time (like 20 years), they become public domain. We can't use the name, but can use the likeness. We have to license buildings you see in the background of stadiums if they are new enough as well!

As far as our plans for stadiums, we want to get the rest in for 11. Minnesota is obviously at the top of the list, but we should be able to get to the other ones. We also have San Jose State, Akron, and FIU with new stadiums coming in, though San Jose State I recall was a little bit in the future. I wonder what the status is on that... California is going through a budget crisis and I believe SJSU is a public school, so it might be on hold. If that is the case we might just bite the bullet and make their current stadium as well.
Great to hear Adam! :-)

I know Rogers Centre just turned 20 this year, so maybe that can make it.

If you need to buy the rights, then perhaps you can get Coca-Cola Zero to sponsor those stadiums as DLC. (I remember them doing something similar with 07 and uniforms.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you do the work I think you can name some of the stadiums like Thompson Centre, and OMT Field. :-)

Last edited by mjussawalla; 06-17-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added Content
Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #27
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Speaking of stadiums, is there any way collision detection can happen when players run into the stands? The worst case is in Baylor where there is a camera guy actually on the other side of the wall.

Thanks,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »