Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #41
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Finally, a video that shows some decent incompletions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 30
Lots of good points in the comments, here. I liked the vid, overall, myself. Questioning the playcalling of an obviously overmatched Utah team and without knowing what skill level this is being played on is a bit premature, imo.

The best thing that stood out for me was the running animations. They run like human beings, for once, but the only thing, like was mentioned, that bothered me a little was the zig-zag running. Other than that, I cannot complain since it's the hand me down bro of Madden although NCAA does get new innovations, at times, like the game plan feature. I thought Madden would have put that in, by now, but they still haven't. I wonder if I will like the linking of plays. The new animations look good but the other thing, now that I'm thinking about it, they need is either the cutscenes of celebrations like Madden 10 or using the actual players to be able pull those off. Madden 09 tried it on TDs where if u didn't go to the blue spots on the field, u could run your player toward a teammate and they would celebrate. The only bad thing about it was that the game moved too fast and they either didn't let the cam zoom in on the celebration or wouldn't let u get to the teammate to celebrate, in time.

Anyway, I think I'm pretty much sold on this one and I will try to play it more than I used to when I used to buy NCAA. Madden just always seems to eclipse it once it comes out and this year, I think Madden will definitely cut my NCAA playing time, completely. Eh. What's 60 bucks? Lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #43
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm with agreement with everyone else they really need to work on the atmosphere. I would even take a cut scene of the players celebrating
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #44
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely my favorite video so far, thanks Steve. It just felt like a lot of stuff worked like it should have.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
Ripping the CPU's logic for running on 3 and long is faulty. It happens all the time IRL and coaches come under the same scrutiny. Why wouldn't it happen in this game? Overmatched teams will try to limit the damage in blowouts all the time. Protect their QBs. Now you can argue that this is not being done here. But running on 3rd and long doesn't mean the AI is screwed up. Plenty of coaches who think they are smarter than anyone else run in those situations.
Uh, no.

"Smart" coaches who run on third and long when they're losing 20-0 will find themselves unemployed in a hurry.

The occasional draw on third and long is fine if you have the lead or you're in a tight game and you're clawing for field position. But when you're trailing by that much at the start of the third quarter?

It's bad playcalling AI. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I'm with agreement with everyone else they really need to work on the atmosphere. I would even take a cut scene of the players celebrating
I think we should have optional user-controlled celebrations after every play or TD. There's a whole lot of buttons on the controller. I'm sure EA could find a button or two for a random user-controlled celebration after a big play or a TD.

Toss in the risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty and it adds a new wrinkle.

But yeah, the energy in NCAA has been dead for years. Custom stadium sounds help a lot, but the players and the crowd all seem suicidally depressed.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Yeah...it;s called a drawe, a trap, or a delay...not a dive.

Nice try kid.
owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
..or just everything that was in last gen. there is zero emotional connection with the players, team, or game in general for me without presentation. Its like playing with hallow robots.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

this sucks, i'm a utah state fan and the rosters are jacked up, they're different from last years but still jacked up, number 32 jacob atkinson is not a tight end, he played fullback last year and now will start middle linebacker this year, i hope they get the rosters fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »