Home

Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010?

This is a discussion on Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010?

I think Madden is doing some great stuff as well and I'm glad a lot of people like how it looks this year (I do as well by the way). Personally I love the comparisons, helps both games... Think Online Dynasty helped get Franchise online this year?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Why would you post this whole long list when the OP was asking only whether there are any new tackles in the game?
Was more for the "There is nothing new in NCAA" crowd... Seems to be a bit of that these days, figured this post was as good as any.

And you are entitled to your own opinion, but there are new tackles. I'm going to steal one from Cummings... "See anything you like?"
Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
I think Madden is doing some great stuff as well and I'm glad a lot of people like how it looks this year (I do as well by the way). Personally I love the comparisons, helps both games... Think Online Dynasty helped get Franchise online this year?
Is ncaa football 10 for ps3 in 1080i like madden10 for ps3.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleCity101
Is ncaa football 10 for ps3 in 1080i like madden10 for ps3.
Dunno... I'll try and find out.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The tackling has clearly been improved from 09, and is much better then what it was. It obviously isn't at good as M10, but we've known from the start that NCAA wasn't going to be given the same level of new tech upgrade as Madden.

Being able to see the new tackling animations seems to be directly related to how upset you are with EA about the Roster issue and feature focus this year, and/or how much longstanding anger you have about exclusivity.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Russ, thus far in all of the videos that we have seen, the pass rush by the defensive line looks pretty weak and ineffective. Yes, I guess they form a "pocket", which is nice, but nobody is beating their man or getting any pressure on the passer in any of the videos that we've seen thus far. Thus far, the only pressure that we've seen has come from blitzing plays.

To what extent do you agree that the pass rush needs to be tweaked, and do you believe that you'll be able to provide a solution via a post-release patch?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 38

Russ whats the deal with field goal nets?? They just pop up from nowhere! How can you add that to the game and not even make it look realistic?

If Ben added this to the game then all my questions have been answered
Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Was more for the "There is nothing new in NCAA" crowd... Seems to be a bit of that these days, figured this post was as good as any.

And you are entitled to your own opinion, but there are new tackles. I'm going to steal one from Cummings... "See anything you like?"
come on man, you can't say this when only a portion from last year's madden was added to NCAA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »