Home

Question about Team Builder/Created Player and Sock options

This is a discussion on Question about Team Builder/Created Player and Sock options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about Team Builder/Created Player and Sock options

Sorry i'm new to this board, and i didn't buy the game last year....

If we create teams via TeamBuilder, will we still be able to add created players to these teams once they are in the game? I'm wondering b/c i want to add a few more people at a specific position.

Also, Mississippi State is finally 'burning' those damn striped "pro style" socks, but i noticed on the screenshots that they are still in the game. Does each team have an option to select short, black socks? b/c this is what they are wearing this year....

If anyone can answer, it would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Question about Team Builder/Created Player and Sock options

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh3_msu
If we create teams via TeamBuilder, will we still be able to add created players to these teams once they are in the game? I'm wondering b/c i want to add a few more people at a specific position.
no, there is not a way to create player to created teams once in game. you can't do any kind of editing while in the main menus for created teams. once you put your team into offline/online dynasty, you can do the normal editing you could do with any team in dynasty mode.

Quote:
Also, Mississippi State is finally 'burning' those damn striped "pro style" socks, but i noticed on the screenshots that they are still in the game. Does each team have an option to select short, black socks? b/c this is what they are wearing this year....
just like in '09, you can choose whether or not you have low, medium, or high socks. but they are on a player by player basis, so you'll have to edit them individually.

as for the color, I believe with the Mix-n-Match option we have for uniforms this year, every team has the options of wearing either white or black socks. that is set on a team basis, not individual players.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
no, there is not a way to create player to created teams once in game. you can't do any kind of editing while in the main menus for created teams. once you put your team into offline/online dynasty, you can do the normal editing you could do with any team in dynasty mode.

just like in '09, you can choose whether or not you have low, medium, or high socks. but they are on a player by player basis, so you'll have to edit them individually.

as for the color, I believe with the Mix-n-Match option we have for uniforms this year, every team has the options of wearing either white or black socks. that is set on a team basis, not individual players.

It blows my mind how EA could have a teambuilder mode with an inability to create players to a team.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Sorry i'm new to this board, and i didn't buy the game last year....

If anyone can answer, it would be greatly appreciated!
So here is the way socks work. There are two factors: color and length.

Color is a team-wide setting. So if you change your socks to black, every player on the team will have black socks.

Length is a player specific setting. The length of the socks, from the game's standpoint, is no different than what kind of face mask you have or whether or not you have the QB style wrist band. There is no way to globably change the length of your socks. You would have to edit every player.

If you want Mississippi State to wear short black socks, you will need to edit each player on your roster to short socks. Then when you take them in game, you will need to bring up uniform options and choose black socks from the mix and match interface.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
So here is the way socks work. There are two factors: color and length.

Color is a team-wide setting. So if you change your socks to black, every player on the team will have black socks.

Length is a player specific setting. The length of the socks, from the game's standpoint, is no different than what kind of face mask you have or whether or not you have the QB style wrist band. There is no way to globably change the length of your socks. You would have to edit every player.

If you want Mississippi State to wear short black socks, you will need to edit each player on your roster to short socks. Then when you take them in game, you will need to bring up uniform options and choose black socks from the mix and match interface.
Thanks OMT, that cleared up some questions I had as well about this years game.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-16-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
It blows my mind how EA could have a teambuilder mode with an inability to create players to a team.
We only have 1 year to make the game, and unfortunately we have to make design decisions to get the game done in time. The ability to add and remove players from TeamBuilder would break the inherent database structure the game uses. To fix this we would have had to cut back in other areas of the feature to free up an engineer's schedule to make these changes.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
for the in-game part, probably because the teambuilder teams are not on the disc and/or roster file and the game only "sees" the teambuilder teams when you play a game in play now, or when you import them into dynasty.

now as for the site, I have no clue why they wouldn't allow you to create players. I guess it has to do with the rosters needing to match the depth chart template that is on the disc so that the game will recognize the teambuilder team(remember the roster issue and why they just can't blindly update the rosters? this sounds like the real reason here for why you can't create players on the site itself).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We only have 1 year to make the game, and unfortunately we have to make design decisions to get the game done in time. The ability to add and remove players from TeamBuilder would break the inherent database structure the game uses. To fix this we would have had to cut back in other areas of the feature to free up an engineer's schedule to make these changes.

Thanks for a responce to my question/complaint, I really appreciate that you took the time to explain why this is a feature that was left out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »