Home

Lack of defensive line pressure

This is a discussion on Lack of defensive line pressure within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Lack of defensive line pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
The guys on NCAA strategies who went to the commmunity day preached about OL/DL interaction until they were blue in the face to no avail.
everyone who got invited to the NCAA comm. day were fanboys.. they don't want people to come who dislike the game.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #34
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
^ Right on Rudy. I just hope the sliders work well this. The Pass Block, Break Block and even QB Accuracy better be highly effective this year.
Ineffective Pass Rush looks the same....

I'm willing to bet 100 bucks that ineffective sliders will be the same as well.

EA has never had sliders that were truly powerful...which is funny because 2k has both more sliders in their game and more POWERFUL sliders in their games.

When I move a slider up 2 notches in NBA 2k or College Hoops...big difference.

By that same token...how many slider gurus on NCAA have settings at either "0" or "100"? All of them.

Everything else looks improved..but this was BY FAR one of the most talked about issues of NCAA 09 and it looks like little if anything was done to remedy the D line being a truly important part of the defense.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #35
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Ineffective Pass Rush looks the same....

I'm willing to bet 100 bucks that ineffective sliders will be the same as well.

EA has never had sliders that were truly powerful...which is funny because 2k has both more sliders in their game and more POWERFUL sliders in their games.

When I move a slider up 2 notches in NBA 2k or College Hoops...big difference.

By that same token...how many slider gurus on NCAA have settings at either "0" or "100"? All of them.

Everything else looks improved..but this was BY FAR one of the most talked about issues of NCAA 09 and it looks like little if anything was done to remedy the D line being a truly important part of the defense.
Drew, if we go through another year of the same old line interaction, I think it will be safe to say that the NCAA series has bent me over, stuck it in, and broke it off for the last time.

There is no excuse for this. If this was a #1 issue of theirs and all we got out of it was Season Showdown, I think it's safe to say that gameplay isn't even a priority.

I really hope that I am wrong and that everything is fixed by release date or even through a patch. I won't hold my breath though.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #36
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattharding1
This quote was taken from the thread "NCAA Football 10 - Designer Chat" started by Russ. After AuburnAlumni asked the question of DL pressure here is the response given by Russ.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039344494

And yet here is another quote from a different thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039511013

How are we supposed to believe these guys when the videos tell a different story?
Looks like we were fed bull excrement.

Would the Purple People care to respond to this?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #37
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I never played a lot of football (played college hoops) so I know I'm not totally accurate with my idea of what is true to form. Shouldn't OL play focus more on one-on-one play with each lineman vs. the D-Lineman? '

I'm not a guru on programming and stuff either but the concept of the Euphoria engine and how each different hit is different based on size, weight, momentum etc., would be huge with OL/DL interaction too. I don't have a clue if EA can implement this type of action in their games but something has to be done. Too many movements in the NCAA series aren't based off of reaction which is what football is. Just my two cents.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
everyone who got invited to the NCAA comm. day were fanboys.. they don't want people to come who dislike the game.
No that is not true Rhombic from NCAA strategies has been in the same room with these people and told them what he thought in detail. Some of those at community day were fanboys agreed but not all of them. I don't think he was at community day, but he has talked with these people face to face in detail and nothing has benn done about DL/OL interactions. EA simply will not listen.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-17-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattharding1
This quote was taken from the thread "NCAA Football 10 - Designer Chat" started by Russ. After AuburnAlumni asked the question of DL pressure here is the response given by Russ.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039344494

And yet here is another quote from a different thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039511013

How are we supposed to believe these guys when the videos tell a different story?

I remember that second thread, I asked Russ if CPU defensive linemen would be capable of getting consistent pressure and having big days just like player controlled linemen. He never gave me an answer, now I know why.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »