Home

Roster size/limit

This is a discussion on Roster size/limit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Roster size/limit

My sincere apologies is this has already been answered/posted but I did a forum search and couldn't come up with any data for this year. Are we still stuck with the 70 man rosters in NCAA 2010? If we are, well that's just rubbish....Why can't this be implemented?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Roster size/limit

Yes we are, but I really dont understand the big deal anyway. I mean, only 85 players are allowed in uniform for home games, and 70 for away games. Also, all of the players never play, unless its worse than a blowout. But, you will never run out of players.

IMO, if they are to expand the roster size, make it 100+, and let us choose who we want in uniform for the game.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Yes we are, but I really dont understand the big deal anyway. I mean, only 85 players are allowed in uniform for home games, and 70 for away games. Also, all of the players never play, unless its worse than a blowout. But, you will never run out of players.

IMO, if they are to expand the roster size, make it 100+, and let us choose who we want in uniform for the game.
I would prefer having the 85 scholarship limit. If they are going to keep us at 70, then cut the number of recruits to 15 or 20 a year.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

The incoming class on 70 man rosters should be 17. We have asked and talked about this ad nauseum.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There are database size limitations. Being stuck at 70 doesn't bother me though. Giving me more slots would just create more talent hording than there already is. Nobody needs more than 70 to fill out depth charts unless you want to have extra kickers and punters on your squad.

Edit: I will agree with those that want to cut down on the scholarships (25 to 20) if we stay at 70 man rosters.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 06-17-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

All of these are great suggestions. I'd say 18-20 slots should be it. That way a CPU team may over-sign by 2-5 on occasion but if it would allow them to a couple of week players every now and then it would help. Also, the CPU needs to focus heavily on needs and if they lose 20 to Graduation plus early-entry and transfer then they would still replace them that off-season. Roster size is plenty big enough right now. I try to keep at least a two-deep everywhere except P/K and try to sign those so I can redshirt them while the incumbent is a SR. I'm never short-handed when it comes to depth.

Getting the CPU to even out without signing 25 would help too. That way they could be more focussed and aggressive when recruiting. It is way too easy to out recruit the CPU and that needs to stop. There is no sense of urgency on the CPU's end.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm OK with the 70 man roster, and I understand why implementing an 85 man roster would be a strain on disc space; however, I wish they'd bump it up to around 75 players on a roster. It just seems like every year I always end up cutting 3 or 4 guys that I really want to keep. Also, when I first get the game, I immediately fix Ok State's roster and I end up having to leave off a few underclassmen that I really want on the roster. It doesn't seem like adding 5 more guys to each roster would be too difficult, but I'm not a programmer. It's not a big deal for me though. I'd rather they spend those resources of fixing other issues.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I'm OK with the 70 man roster, and I understand why implementing an 85 man roster would be a strain on disc space; however, I wish they'd bump it up to around 75 players on a roster. It just seems like every year I always end up cutting 3 or 4 guys that I really want to keep. Also, when I first get the game, I immediately fix Ok State's roster and I end up having to leave off a few underclassmen that I really want on the roster. It doesn't seem like adding 5 more guys to each roster would be too difficult, but I'm not a programmer. It's not a big deal for me though. I'd rather they spend those resources of fixing other issues.
Fine, ship with 70 but make 85 the limit. That way the strain is on the hard drive and not the disc. I really don't think database limitations are the issue. FIFA has as many or more players as 120 teams with 85 players would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »