Home

What We Want For NCAA 2011

This is a discussion on What We Want For NCAA 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #33
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What We Want For NCAA 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Let's say the market research showed that Season Showdown would give the game X new buyers while only losing it Y "hardcore gamers" (where X>Y).

--It would, in the short run, behoove the company to put it in. Most people here are going to buy the game no matter what, because they need their "fix."

Buying it reluctantly doesn't change the fact that you're still putting the same amount of money in their pockets as the "casual" market.

The cosmetic stuff really does bogle my mind sometimes. People complain about every damn facemask in the entire FBS. How can that matter to anyone???

But, even as I think that, I realize that people are wondering how I could care about something as small as the broken Zone Read or Triple Option blocking schemes - after all, those are just the fatties up front.

Everyone simply has different priorities. There is no consensus here about what is THE priority for 2010 or 2011 or WHENEVER.
That. The whole damn post, really. There needs to be a general consensus among those in the community on what should be looked at for a given year - not a bunch of threads filled with peoples' random whims/wants/wishes.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #34
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
That. The whole damn post, really. There needs to be a general consensus among those in the community on what should be looked at for a given year - not a bunch of threads filled with peoples' random whims/wants/wishes.
What's the best way to find out the overall feeling of what needs to be done?

One can't help but look at Big Bro and see they have tried to fix a multitude of things in one cycle; now whether they were truly successful remains to be seen.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #35
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
What's the best way to find out the overall feeling of what needs to be done?

One can't help but look at Big Bro and see they have tried to fix a multitude of things in one cycle; now whether they were truly successful remains to be seen.
You're right. What the Madden team has supposedly done this year is impressive, and can be used as a good example for the NCAA guys. But, you know that there are going to be people griping about something that was not included, despite all of the new things that have. I think we'd come out better just focusing on a handfull of glaring issues that should be addressed - Pass rush, running animations, presentation and player momentum/physics come to mind - rather than putting up +100 page wish list threads.

Last edited by WisconsinSports414; 06-18-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

First of all I wish the NCAA team would take a long hard look at the EA Sports slogan: "If its in the game....". In older versions you actually applied this to the game....that is no longer the case. While yes youve made everything look "pretty", which we all recognize from your 30 second stadium pans before every game.

Concentrate on what makes college football so special....and here is my list:
(keep in mind i do not know what is in 2010 but i think i have a general idea)

-team entrances onto the field, team specific would be fantastic but may not be feasible
-a realistic quarterback throwing motion...the current one just looks goofy/ that goes for the kicker as well
-maybe slow down the speed of the runners or make them more agile...looks very jerky as is
-show the band in the crowd
-TRULY dynamic crowds...for instance why are ohio st fans jumping up and down when i score a TD as michigan????
-bring back the coaching animations on the sideline and post game activities...i.e. coaches shaking hands after TD or dumping of cooler onto the coach
-STUDENT SECTIONS!!!!!!!!!
-again bring back the feature of cutting to fan shots during the game
-celebrating with teammates after a big play....***not NFL style***

i dont know what else, there is A LOT i would change, and i mean A LOT!

basically, get back to your roots. specifically NCAA 04...i still think this is the best issue of the NCAA series
Old 06-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #37
Banned

BearDownUofA's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm all about customization, so I'd like the ability to make more than just two helmets or two pants for TeamBuilder teams (say five each for helmets, jerseys and pants) and I'd also like to be able to create custom stadiums.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:05 AM   #38
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

OVR: 3

The Missing Pieces: An Updated Checklist
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 35

Refs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »