Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Georgia @ Georgia Tech (User vs. AI, Adjusted Sliders)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Georgia @ Georgia Tech (User vs. AI, Adjusted Sliders) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Georgia @ Georgia Tech (User vs. AI, Adjusted Sliders)

Man, I'm gettin' worried.

AI ran twice on 3rd and 4 (that might be acceptable) but then ran up the middle on 3rd and 11 when he was trailing 17-0.

Not a good sign. Playcalling logic -- at least in the preview build -- seems gorked.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Georgia @ Georgia Tech (User vs. AI, Adjusted Sliders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
Maybe I missed this, but where does he say that the run block slider is set at 100? Steve said that the sliders were the same as the previously posted AI vs. AI video. The last video that was posted with adjusted sliders had pass block set at 0, and break block set at 100.

I've been critical of some things seen on video, but I actually like that GT stuck with the run and handed the ball off to the FB. Those are 2 improvements in my eyes.
Maybe I was mistaken. But if break block was 100 and pass block at 0 then the pass blocking and sliders are even more broken than I thought. An absolute joke that needs to be patched.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Maybe I was mistaken. But if break block was 100 and pass block at 0 then the pass blocking and sliders are even more broken than I thought. An absolute joke that needs to be patched.
If break block was set at 100 and none of the running game sliders were left untouched (Run Blocking, Running Ability, Tackling, Def. Awareness), then of course the CPU will have no run game. I just think the Pass Block and Break Block were adjusted in this video like the AI vs. AI.

I like how GT got some 4-5 yard gains up the middle without it lookng "cheap" like the old QB Sneak or FB Dive.

The pass rush though....

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-18-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

@4:38 the new greased pig animation. UGH

I don't have too much faith in the CPU running a competent option offense but it was refreshing to see them pound the ball and not make Ga Tech into a throwing team.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
Rookie

Blocking just means nothing to the developers.
There are countless ways for a WR to run but only a small small handful of blocking schemes.

Not an accusation, just a fact about priorities based on what the market wants.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like some things in the video. I just fail to see the sliders working. I'm extremely annoyed that the NCAA dev team fails to listen to us on something as simple as making the sliders more powerful. It's an easy thing to do and they just don't care.
+ 100000000000000

this is a huge letdown...maybe they will fix this soon? otherwise, i'm not buying anymore. i was pretty amped for this game too...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Man, I'm gettin' worried.

AI ran twice on 3rd and 4 (that might be acceptable) but then ran up the middle on 3rd and 11 when he was trailing 17-0.

Not a good sign. Playcalling logic -- at least in the preview build -- seems gorked.
Apparently you missed the fact that it was the end of the half. Why pass there with :06 left and risk a pick and run back? I think that was good logic there actually. And GT isn't exactly a passing offense, so that's one aspect of this vid I'm fine with.

It's obvious though, that the sliders aren't as strong as they should be IMO. If I set something like pass block or whatever to 0, then it should almost be jailbreak style with guy just gettin beat left and right. And if I set it to 100, it should be like a brick wall. That's IMO, when something is 0 or 100, there should be that type of power with it. And that goes for every slider. If I set the QB accuracy to 0, I want bad passes all over the place. Obviously not every single one, but most, cause hey, I set it to 0, and it's my prerogative if passes miss the target almost every time because of it. FG kicking stuff? The same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
Rookie

Yeah, they were running out the half, which is actually nice.

Not nice is what I've been expecting but still hoping against - just this not-even-elementary-school style of run blocking.

Even 12 year linemen are taught to sometimes chip a guy and move to the next level, to bypass a guy entirely, to use leverage and footwork to successfully reach block a defender playing on his outside shoulder, to fire off low and cut block bigger defensive linemen, to combo with another linemen from the DL to a LB, to "steal second base" and work outside on a rocket toss, etc etc etc

It just looks terribly silly in the game.

But who am I supposed to blame?
Even the "hardcore gamers" of this forum seem more preoccupied with facemasks and handwarmers than with the barest of realism on the offensive and defensive lines (pass rush problems excluded).

So, it's not EAs fault. It's a market-driven thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »