Home

recycled playbooks?

This is a discussion on recycled playbooks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
recycled playbooks?

One thing I'm noticing in all these videos is the plays are the same as they have always been for the last 15 years. I know it's football and it the game hasn't chagned that much over time but maybe tweaking the playbook woudl breath some life into this franchise. Seriously, it's hard to get jazzed over the same tired old plays...another thing about that that has bugged me for years is the kick return plays...no reverses, no fake reverses, no return right or left...it's lame.

I don't really know how you could do it (I haven't actually seen a real NCAA playbook) but these plays can't be the standard for 90% of every teams playbook. The Madden play creator on last gen was a good start but it was limited, you couldn't send guys in motion, block then release...that sort of thing. All you could do is create the most basic of plays that for the most part, already exist in a standard playbook. Who knows, this franchise needs a shot in the arm and mabye radicaly changing the playbooks would help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: recycled playbooks?

actually there are a ton of new plays that have been added over the last 3 years. i played the demo this morning and saw tons of new plays. not sure what your talking about.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

All I saw in those demo vids were the the same plays we've been using forever...same defenses, same offensive plays...not sure what game your playing but the kick return plays have never changed in the NCAA series...granted, the last few releases of NCAA hasn't held my interest for more than a couple of hours so it's possible there are a ton of new plays every year..
Old 06-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

CoachBindel's Arena

OVR: 2

I know for a fact that they added midline. SHould be interesting to see how effective it is.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

can one of you guys post some youtube vids showing the offensive formations and plays?

im really excited about this years playbooks, and i wouldlike to see them so i can make a judgement for myself.

i cant download the demo, got dial up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have seen many new Looks and much improved plays from the OF and Florida Demo....I just wish they would allow us to select 10 formations and plays...EA had this feature a few years ago, a play creator back on the PS 1, PS 2, ...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyinafrica
I have seen many new Looks and much improved plays from the OF and Florida Demo....I just wish they would allow us to select 10 formations and plays...EA had this feature a few years ago, a play creator back on the PS 1, PS 2, ...
theres plenty of new plays for florida, I only used their playbook last year so trust me on this. Idk about ou.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »