Home

Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules)

This is a discussion on Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #145
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules)

I just cancelled my pre-order today and moved it towards Uncharted 2. No way I'm buying this game at release. I'll still consider it after I read impressions, they patch the sliders, the sliders work, and there are no major problems. Maybe I'll pick it up used but the current state of the game does not warrant full price from me. I might just spend it on Madden but I'll be renting that game first as well.

I still hate that they took away the old camera angle rather than just give us both camera options in the first place. You see dumb decisions like that along with broken sliders and it's hard to have faith that they really consider our desires here at OS. They don't have to but they certainly don't seem to be catering to the hardcore crowd like the Madden team is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just cancelled my pre-order today and moved it towards Uncharted 2. No way I'm buying this game at release. I'll still consider it after I read impressions, they patch the sliders, the sliders work, and there are no major problems. Maybe I'll pick it up used but the current state of the game does not warrant full price from me. I might just spend it on Madden but I'll be renting that game first as well.

I still hate that they took away the old camera angle rather than just give us both camera options in the first place. You see dumb decisions like that along with broken sliders and it's hard to have faith that they really consider our desires here at OS. They don't have to but they certainly don't seem to be catering to the hardcore crowd like the Madden team is.
With the sales figures declining... What are they really focusing on? It is a serious question because it seems that they aren't really satisfying anyone.

We basically see these crowds around here...
1. Hardcore Gamers that took the blue pill in the Matrix and have seen EA for what it is worth. This group isn't buying the game.

2. The group that says "I have to have my CFB Fix.." Most think the game needs to be better, but need to have their fix.

3. Hardcore Gamer that keeps on taking the Red Pill. For the most part, they think they game could be better but are going to buy it anyway because they don't think the game is that bad either.

4. EA Fanboys and there are many. It wouldn't matter what EA did they are going to try to sleep with each developer because they are there heroes.

#4 is a joke people.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #147
MVP

OVR: 9

I've been one of those folks who was kind of '#3'. The game is always more fun to me than Madden so I get it regardless. In fact I've been one of the people defending NCAA '10 thus far.

That was before I played the demo and actually started watching some of the Madden videos.

For the first time since '03, I'm not buying NCAA. I'm replacing it with Madden. The difference between the games is so obviously GIGANTIC, that I am not letting myself justify it this year. I would probably play the heck out of NCAA if I did buy it, to be honest. I would have some fun too. But this year's football experience is going to be really, really good in Madden. I'm sending my message to EA by rewarding the Madden team for their efforts with my money. As much as I hate to do it, I admit that I had the blinders on for NCAA and I am taking them off now.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #148
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I've been one of those folks who was kind of '#3'. The game is always more fun to me than Madden so I get it regardless. In fact I've been one of the people defending NCAA '10 thus far.

That was before I played the demo and actually started watching some of the Madden videos.

For the first time since '03, I'm not buying NCAA. I'm replacing it with Madden. The difference between the games is so obviously GIGANTIC, that I am not letting myself justify it this year. I would probably play the heck out of NCAA if I did buy it, to be honest. I would have some fun too. But this year's football experience is going to be really, really good in Madden. I'm sending my message to EA by rewarding the Madden team for their efforts with my money. As much as I hate to do it, I admit that I had the blinders on for NCAA and I am taking them off now.

So you have taken the blue pill. Welcome. LOL...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #149
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Well, I really have been thinking about it hard, and I have been [playing 09 lately and still enjoying it, I may not bark at the game this year either. Honestly, I really don't see and thing changed worth buying this years version. I do not nit pick like many of you hear do, so 09 still feels fresh to me.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #150
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well, I really have been thinking about it hard, and I have been [playing 09 lately and still enjoying it, I may not bark at the game this year either. Honestly, I really don't see and thing changed worth buying this years version. I do not nit pick like many of you hear do, so 09 still feels fresh to me.
I had fun with 09. My biggest beefs were the lack of a cpu running game, very weak sliders and the lack of a cpu deep ball. Working sliders can fix the cpu running game but that's already broken in 10 and who knows how they will work? The cpu deep ball returned in NCAA 10 but other options in 10 still look broken or got worse. The QB seems to scrambles less when he's got open field in the demo. The new camera sucks imo. I still see robo QB and too many INTs potentially. The PS3 graphics and sound were worse (crowd chant awful in the demo). Game planning seems overdone (agressive = fumble fest). I just don't see how a demo so rough can turn around and be such an improved retail product to warrant my $60.

That said, aside from the camera issue I think NCAA 10 will be a little better than 09 after the patches. If you liked 09 I'm sure people will still enjoy NCAA 10 and get your monies worth. I don't have a problem with people buying the game and I'm not going to lead an anti-EA movement. I'm simply making this decision based on my personal feelings only.

I've been having fun with NCAA 09 again and after accepting its faults and problems, I will probably enjoy it more. I'm going to start a new dynasty soon. I'll see how long I will go with it.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #151
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Lol, I don't know which pill to take either. Always liked the ncaa series, and last year wasn't horrible once it was patched up. My problem was that last year, I put it down until things were patched up and played Madden. By the time things were patched up, I was caught up in my Madden franchise and didn't really touch NCAA much until around the bowl season.

I think that happened to alot of people taking the wait and see approach this year. I lost interest in playing ncaa b/c to me, it was a very poor game out of the box. This year I'm not rushing out on release day to pick it up.

And I agree with Rudy, I don't like the camera in the demo. Not sure why, but I think if I was watching someone else play it while I was eating some wings, drinking a beer, and watching that camera view, I'd be nauseas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #152
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Short answer.. no.

I haven't been wooed enough to warrant a $60 purchase. The jump from last year just isn't big enough. Madden will be getting my money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »