Home

Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules)

This is a discussion on Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules)

No, they don't deserve our business. Its a bad business model. Year after year they break things that were fixed before or exclude features that used to be there.

They ask for our feedback and then ignore the most important data.

Every year its like a beta test for the next year's game, but then the cycle of broken or deleted features.

Any way you slice it, they get free Market Analysis and get paid by us to Beta Test their product. They have it good because they have a monopoly on NCAA licensed football. Sure we could play a different game, but its not NCAA football. It would be the same as offering a crack addict weed. We need our NCAA crack and there is no substitute.

And I'll say it again, its not about the money, its about my time. I wasted countless hours last year to only come to the conclusion that the sliders were broken. We informed EA of this and what happens this year? Broken sliders.

Would your employer let you get away with this? If it was you refrigerator andyou told them, hey the light never comes on and the freezer is actually melting my frozen items? Would you buy that same brand again?

Of course not, but I bet the crackhead lets it ride if the dealer tells them it will be better next time. And thats why we line up and give them the money anyway. This is a sports website, we are sports addicts, and they have the only game in town.

Do they deserve our money? NO

Wil they get it? Yes and unfortunately they know it.

But eventually everything comes to an end. One more year of this and I would imagine they will have run out of goodwill, at least with the hardcore fanbase.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

I'll be skipping out on NCAA this year.. I'm tired of wasting money on a game that is actually worse than one produced 4 & 5 years ago.

Last edited by sportzbro; 06-18-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Hell no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4
Talking Re: Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business? (Who Needs Rules)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
No, they don't deserve our business. Its a bad business model. Year after year they break things that were fixed before or exclude features that used to be there.

They ask for our feedback and then ignore the most important data.

Every year its like a beta test for the next year's game, but then the cycle of broken or deleted features.

Any way you slice it, they get free Market Analysis and get paid by us to Beta Test their product. They have it good because they have a monopoly on NCAA licensed football. Sure we could play a different game, but its not NCAA football. It would be the same as offering a crack addict weed. We need our NCAA crack and there is no substitute.

And I'll say it again, its not about the money, its about my time. I wasted countless hours last year to only come to the conclusion that the sliders were broken. We informed EA of this and what happens this year? Broken sliders.

Would your employer let you get away with this? If it was you refrigerator andyou told them, hey the light never comes on and the freezer is actually melting my frozen items? Would you buy that same brand again?

Of course not, but I bet the crackhead lets it ride if the dealer tells them it will be better next time. And thats why we line up and give them the money anyway. This is a sports website, we are sports addicts, and they have the only game in town.

Do they deserve our money? NO

Wil they get it? They absolutely shouldn't and won't.
FIFY
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

As of right now no. Because what I seen out of that demo today I feel like the game has takena few steps back in gameplay and graphic wise. So my answer is no. Madden will be getting my money this seaon. Just like ncaa 09 got my business last year and madden didn't. This year it is completely the other way around.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
As of right now no. Because what I seen out of that demo today I feel like the game has takena few steps back in gameplay and graphic wise. So my answer is no. Madden will be getting my money this seaon. Just like ncaa 09 got my business last year and madden didn't. This year it is completely the other way around.
Wow.. hold up. I thought you just couldn't wait for this game? Sounds like the demo did more harm than good today.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Hell no.
Pretty much.

The game we're supposed to get this year will be NCAA 11 and chances are something will go wrong then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

No physics compared to a game across the hall that gets the right idea?

Nope, not for me this year.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »