Home

Dear NCAA Dev Team...

This is a discussion on Dear NCAA Dev Team... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Dear NCAA Dev Team...

I want to start this by saying I read alot of crap on here and bashing of you guys... some of it is slightly justified... but the majority is not. You guys reaching out into the community has influenced the way this game is made (especially in finding bugs.) I feel like some people have alot of built up frustration from release problems and other factors from previous years and that leads to some of the flaming around here and some can't stand the idea that not every single thing got into the game that they wanted. I will admit some of the setbacks from NCAA 10 has had me a bit discouraged... but I do see improvement. I know being a programmer that it is not easy to just go in and fix a bug in 5 minutes and alot of people don't understand that. Also some people forget that budget and influences from marketing and higher ups alters what the dev team can and cannot do from year to year. I hope all of you will continue to talk with us here and on other boards in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Dear NCAA Dev Team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
I want to start this by saying I read alot of crap on here and bashing of you guys... some of it is slightly justified... but the majority is not. You guys reaching out into the community has influenced the way this game is made (especially in finding bugs.) I feel like some people have alot of built up frustration from release problems and other factors from previous years and that leads to some of the flaming around here and some can't stand the idea that not every single thing got into the game that they wanted. I will admit some of the setbacks from NCAA 10 has had me a bit discouraged... but I do see improvement. I know being a programmer that it is not easy to just go in and fix a bug in 5 minutes and alot of people don't understand that. Also some people forget that budget and influences from marketing and higher ups alters what the dev team can and cannot do from year to year. I hope all of you will continue to talk with us here and on other boards in the future.
You couldn't be more wrong on that point. Most of it is completely justified. Obviously some of the name calling and threats is going over the line.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-18-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

Haha dang. The very first reply destroyed your entire thread. Nice.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

You know what, if this was a thank you letter to the Madden team, I might agree... because THIS YEAR, they HAVE shown that they care and are trying to improve their product.

I'm sorry, but the same cannot be said for the NCAA dev team, it just can't.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

your points could not be more wrong. this game is a failure and basically a updated copy of ncaa 09.

if a EA dev comes to defend what I have accused them of go right ahead im waiting.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Being lazy is not what it takes to be a good programmer and or developer. EA so far has shown to be lazy. I wish I could defend the product but like others have said, it has not changed much in next gen.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

I agree with you and have nothing against the makers of this game.
But as a consumer product with 2 years of observation around it, the game seems pretty crappy.

ever since that D McNabb next gen commercial- like 4 years ago now- the games have been suspect.

Hockey and baseball games are getting it right.
But right now, Madden NCAA is looking like the 989 and gameday versions of yestergen- my new catch word hahaha
this sort of thing is not worth 60 freaking dollars
Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thread FAIL
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »