Home

Maybe its just me.

This is a discussion on Maybe its just me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Maybe its just me.

I dont think he said "We are going to be doing something different with the passing game". I think he just said "We are doing different things"(a general statement). I am to lazy to find the OP but that is how I remember the statement.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I dont think he said "We are going to be doing something different with the passing game". I think he just said "We are doing different things"(a general statement). I am to lazy to find the OP but that is how I remember the statement.
Ok maybe I read to much into it.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I know that they added in the new passing "cones" instead of circles around the intended receiver. Before, when you threw a pass, the ball had a chance of missing the receiver in any direction (depending on the QBs accuracy). But now, when QBs do miss, they tend to miss receivers by throwing the ball too far in front (cuts down on instances where the QB would throw a pass 5 yards behind a receiver for no apparent reason). Other than that, I don't think they added anything. BTW, this is in Madden too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe its the bullet pass?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Yeah, this is what I meant. While we got the new QB rating changes, we elected not to take the short, medium, and long ratings (all 3 types of throws use the same rating). We were doing other things like set up plays, strategy, etc.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yeah, this is what I meant. While we got the new QB rating changes, we elected not to take the short, medium, and long ratings (all 3 types of throws use the same rating). We were doing other things like set up plays, strategy, etc.
Thanks for the response Adam! I guess it was a case of me taking things too literal.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Maybe its just me but when Madden announced there new QB rating didnt Adam say that if they wanted to they could have added them? Then if Im still not mistaking he said they were doing something different with there passing game? Maybe Im wrong again but after playing the demo I see nothing added to the passing game. So I would like to know is there something that there holding in there back pocket we dont know or was it an easy way to lie out of having to explain why the new ratings arent in? Or maybe his idea of doing something different is doing the samething?
PHEW! Thankfully we caught you before you made a 60 dollar mistake. You fell victim to the classic "Lie about improvements in a weekly blog" marketing campaign. Its quite simple, they add fluff features to over hype, while porting the previous years game, and then talk out of their a** in a weekly blog about new things to con people into buying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Hi Adam, I think doing the short/med/long ratings for 2011 should definitely be one of the top things to implement - especially now that the CPU throws deep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »