Home

Who does EA think is buying this game?

This is a discussion on Who does EA think is buying this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Who does EA think is buying this game?

I dont feel that there saying look what we did!! What i get out of it is we are listening to you and this being a #10 thing people have asked for hell yes we are going to advertise it and let it be known that the problem was fixed.

To me thats just good advertising not we are trying to make something small into something game changing.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
a good 95% of them probably hve been buying this game since the PS2 days.
I've been buying this game since the PsOne days. EA just recycles features. When NCAA 14 comes out for the PS4, we will have to wait until NCAA 16 before we get endzone art. What I love about EA is that we can always count on them not withholding the Mascot games feature!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

Well, you could also say that taking the time to advertise features that were in previous games and a lesser console just magnifies the seemingly minimalist philosophy of EA. If endzone art used to be there, then was mysteriously absent, then make a reappearance, why were they not there in the first place? What does that say about your respect for the consumer when all of the sudden we realize this feature was capable of being there in the first place but you decided to not even bother with it?

I totally agree with your general sentiment, trick. My question remains what in the hell were they thinking when they were designing those generic looking cups to replace the endzone art that used to be there? I can deal with mistakes. What's hard to swallow is that every year something totally viable and basic that was present is now missing. On purpose. One step forward, two steps back. It's silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I dont feel that there saying look what we did!! What i get out of it is we are listening to you and this being a #10 thing people have asked for hell yes we are going to advertise it and let it be known that the problem was fixed.

To me thats just good advertising not we are trying to make something small into something game changing.
#1. Endzone art is not feature worthy and #2. EA is purposefully withholding features in each version so they can add features in future versions. They know about formation subs on the fly and they are purposefully withholding that feature because that will cause people to purchase a future version of the game.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 16

First,

HST, good point they shouldn't be saying something is a new feature when it has been in a prev game. However i don't feel they were like o LETS save this for later!! It was prob a last priority when switching to next gen. There is a lot of other fixes they could have been changed before they got to proper end zone art but we asked for it so there it is.

Second,

Ted i cant disagree more that there holding back a feature that would be in perfect working condition for a future game. Would you rather a broken feature( AKA Madden b4 updates) or a feature that might be in next yrs game that actually works.

I feel as tho we ask for a lot and not every1 is going to get what they ask for. We would all love to pick up the game and see no flaws. For a sports game however that is impossible every1 has there own opinion and there is no way 1 game can suite every1s needs.

If someday there is 2 games every post will by WHY cant we take this from game A and this from game B and have the perfect game!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Soooooo, you don't think when someone who just downloaded the demo, and goes to play on the field won't NOTICE the two different endzones with the team names after it has been missing for the past 3 years?

I don't think anyone is that blind.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Well hell, I dont blame EA for pimping endzone art for bowl games. People whined and complained every year because it wasn't in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
First,

HST, good point they shouldn't be saying something is a new feature when it has been in a prev game. However i don't feel they were like o LETS save this for later!! It was prob a last priority when switching to next gen. There is a lot of other fixes they could have been changed before they got to proper end zone art but we asked for it so there it is.

Second,

Ted i cant disagree more that there holding back a feature that would be in perfect working condition for a future game. Would you rather a broken feature( AKA Madden b4 updates) or a feature that might be in next yrs game that actually works.

I feel as tho we ask for a lot and not every1 is going to get what they ask for. We would all love to pick up the game and see no flaws. For a sports game however that is impossible every1 has there own opinion and there is no way 1 game can suite every1s needs.

If someday there is 2 games every post will by WHY cant we take this from game A and this from game B and have the perfect game!
Sorry bud, you're missing the point. There's NO excuse, ZERO, for us to be going backwards from stuff that we had nearly 10 years ago. I don't care how you or EA tries to slice it. Some of us spent upwards of $500 on new systems that are supposed to be top notch, and there's no excuse for us to be this far behind a game (Ps2 version) that they are selling for only $29.99.

Nobody is asking for the perfect game, all we want is our stuff back that we had before. Why can't we keep the stuff we had before and build upon that? That seems to be what 99% of other game developers are doing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »