Home

How much will Ben H overrate FSU this year???

This is a discussion on How much will Ben H overrate FSU this year??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 23
How much will Ben H overrate FSU this year???

Since it has become general knowledge of the community that Ben H is behind FSUs extremely overrated rating every year, im just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

And also I post this since the rosters are supposedly going to have some sort of rehaul on release day. The rosters from TeamBuilder do look a little overrated. Too much depth.

Im saying

95-Offense
99-Defense

Pretty high for a 7-8 win team huh?

What an insult to fans of the teams that are actually better than FSU.

Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 06-20-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: How much will Ben H overrate FSU this year???

Funny, this coming from a Florida fan. Hahaha. I agree, they are always overrated, but, they may not be the most overrated team this season. Just look at Florida. There is no chance there repeating. They lost, arguably, there best player. And dont give me that, but we still have Tim Tebow. Yes, hes very good, and a great leader, and first and foremost, an amazing person, but, without Percy Harvin, hes not a beyond amazing player. But, he is still very, very good. But, they arent that overrated.

Ohio State is overrated, but then again, they always are. TP is not that great, when are people going to get it through there heads, ugh! And yes, before, you say/ask it. I would still be saying the same things if he went to Michigan. Hes not as fast as some of the other dual-threats in the nation like Robert Griffen, Denard Robinson, and, heck, maybe even Colt McCoy.

I will say that they overrated Michigan this season. The offense should not be a B-. Not yet. Maybe during the season, but not yet. But, some players they, pretty much, slacked off on. For example, the fastest dual-threat QB in the nation, as far as incoming freshman, Denard Robinson. Hell, he is probably the fastest QB in college, right now. Brandon Graham, they sort of, underrated to the fullest extent. The guy is not a 93. He should be at least a 96, IMO. Zoltan Mesko, I mean, it should be illegal to underrate a player that badly. The guy is the best punter in the nation, and continued to boot the living **** out of the ball with great accuracy, i might add, late in the year. I mean, dont you think a guy would get tired of punting almost every freakin offensive possession????????????

This deserves a whole other paragraph, since EA always seems to miss it. I am sick and tired of seeing that joke of a starter Stevie Brown overrated. His pursuit rating should be garbage, as should his tackling and coverage. Michigan fans always complain about this guy because of missed assignment, missed tackles, clown coverages, and horribly done pursuits. He sucks, in real life. Make him suck in the game, damnit!

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Funny, this coming from a Florida fan. Hahaha. I agree, they are always overrated, but, they may not be the most overrated team this season. Just look at Florida. There is no chance there repeating. They lost, arguably, there best player. And dont give me that, but we still have Tim Tebow. Yes, hes very good, and a great leader, and first and foremost, an amazing person, but, without Percy Harvin, hes not a beyond amazing player. But, he is still very, very good. But, they arent that overrated.

Ohio State is overrated, but then again, they always are. TP is not that great, when are people going to get it through there heads, ugh! And yes, before, you say/ask it. I would still be saying the same things if he went to Michigan. Hes not as fast as some of the other dual-threats in the nation like Robert Griffen, Denard Robinson, and, heck, maybe even Colt McCoy.

I will say that they overrated Michigan this season. The offense should not be a B-. Not yet. Maybe during the season, but not yet. But, some players they, pretty much, slacked off on. For example, the fastest dual-threat QB in the nation, as far as incoming freshman, Denard Robinson. Hell, he is probably the fastest QB in college, right now. Brandon Graham, they sort of, underrated to the fullest extent. The guy is not a 93. He should be at least a 96, IMO. Zoltan Mesko, I mean, it should be illegal to underrate a player that badly. The guy is the best punter in the nation, and continued to boot the living **** out of the ball with great accuracy, i might add, late in the year. I mean, dont you think a guy would get tired of punting almost every freakin offensive possession????????????

This deserves a whole other paragraph, since EA always seems to miss it. I am sick and tired of seeing that joke of a starter Stevie Brown overrated. His pursuit rating should be garbage, as should his tackling and coverage. Michigan fans always complain about this guy because of missed assignment, missed tackles, clown coverages, and horribly done pursuits. He sucks, in real life. Make him suck in the game, damnit!
You do realize that Florida has their whole defense coming back right?

and Robert Griffin says hi
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
You do realize that Florida has their whole defense coming back right?

and Robert Griffin says hi
LOL yeah, I noticed my mistake just when you quoted me.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2

I think it is evident they base ratings on pure speculation, and personal bias.

I have said this about FSU before. Over the past few years what exactly have they accomplished that deserves these high ratings? If in fact, if you are going to base the ratings on the recent past, then they need to be near or at the bottom of college football. There is obvious bias whey they place these ratings.

To the michigan fan, we could all make a case for every other teams ratings and how most are overrated. But come on, lets be fair, Florida has won 2 BCS National Championships in recent years, and this appears to be the only criteria that is fair when they rate these teams, so, why on earth wouldnt they rate them high?

I hope that made sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
I think it is evident they base ratings on pure speculation, and personal bias.

I have said this about FSU before. Over the past few years what exactly have they accomplished that deserves these high ratings? If in fact, if you are going to base the ratings on the recent past, then they need to be near or at the bottom of college football. There is obvious bias whey they place these ratings.

To the michigan fan, we could all make a case for every other teams ratings and how most are overrated. But come on, lets be fair, Florida has won 2 BCS National Championships in recent years, and this appears to be the only criteria that is fair when they rate these teams, so, why on earth wouldnt they rate them high?

I hope that made sense.
Uhhhhh, they were like, uhhhhhh, good a couple years ago and uhhhhhhh, they have these super athletes and uhhhhhh......

OK, I ran out of reasons.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin

It would take a scUM fan to say something so silly about a player who turned down his school to play at a better one. If you think that a player's speed has anything to do with how good he is, then you obviously know nothing about football and even moreso about the position of QB. I dont think TP has come close to his full potential yet as a passer, runner, or player but saying the kid isnt that good is ludacris.

Yea he struggled some throwing downfield but not many freshman QBs lead their team to 9 of 10 wins on the season, even YOU know that. Saying he isnt as fast a Colt McCoy is the dumbest argument of all time. Who cares which QB is faster lol! McCoy is a much more accomplished player and a sure fire 1st Rd draft pick, its not even comparable at this point.

The kid can flat out play but he is young and still learning the game. Dont come out here rippin on freshman players when they havent even had time to show much. Say he sucks after his So. year after we win 3 games all season. Ooops, we never do that LOL! So I know you hate the kid, but dont worry, we only got 3 more beatdowns for you scUMs with him at the helm, then its on to Miller, the next one lol! Have a good season, please?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Dude, Ohio State is overrated. Ever since they stole the 2003 championship from Miami they haven't done jack**** in a bowl game. They shouldn't even have won that championship. Be happy you actually got it, because if it was any other ref, it would have never been called.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »