Home

What happened to the left-stick "shimmy"?

This is a discussion on What happened to the left-stick "shimmy"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: What happened to the left-stick "shimmy"?

I tried the shimmy juke for the first time last night. Pretty nice. Now knowing when to use it vs. regular jukes or spins is going to be interesting. I'm generally bad at pulling off good moves. I rely almost solely on the basic juke.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: What happened to the left-stick "shimmy"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Dont you think that if you can "shimmy" juke 2-3 guys consecutive guys that would be a bit unrealistic. The fact that you cant do it every time you choose is kind of good, but I can see where it can be a bad thing (i.e a one on one situation in the open field). I like the fact that moves with high success rates have been toned down. Fast doesnt = elusive. If I can shake you with an average, but fast ball carrier like Jeff Demps I better be able to shake you with less fast, but more polished runner like DeMarco Murray with a much higher hit rate. EA didnt seem to get the memo on speed and elusiveness. But hey, I'm buying it anyway. But will I be keeping it? We will see by July 21st (one week after release)

The shimmy doesn't fake guys out. It sets up your other moves and helps to change direction by planting. No matter the rating it should respond when I do it and not delay. The delay is what is in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
I think it's all bad. The right stick should be more responsive.

When I hit the juke, I've already anticipated the angle and so on. My player should react when I hit the stick. A delay isn't realistic.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I tried the shimmy juke for the first time last night. Pretty nice. Now knowing when to use it vs. regular jukes or spins is going to be interesting. I'm generally bad at pulling off good moves. I rely almost solely on the basic juke.
Its not a matter of shimmy or juke to choose from. The shimmy is a setup. Try doing it all the way downfield on a kickoff and watch how no one responds to it. Which is whats suppose to happen because its just a shimmy and not a juke or spins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »