Home

College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

This is a discussion on College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #33
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Right now all they do is bounce up & down. It looks really stupid.
A) That's what she said.

B) I didn't realize how much more presentation there was last gen until being reminded with these screenshots. What the heck??? I want a pregame show with Lee Corso and the bunch with the huge crowd behind them, cheerleaders being tossed around and fans holding up signs that say so and so 'likes rainbows and unicorns' and the ever-present Washington State Cougars flag waving in the background.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is amazing how good of a game '04 was, and here we are 6 years later, on a "more powerful system" and we can't get those presentation aspects that made the game so great.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I get the impression from chatting with OMT about the lack of presentation elements, that they got the idea that people were annoyed by all this stuff and just ditched it.

I just ask people to play NCAA 07 for 360 and see the foundation that was there. Had they kept building we'd be in a much different spot right now.

Some of the things I see are somewhat comical. In both NCAA 07 and Madden 07, the QB walked to the line (via cut scene). The next year, they started running which looked ridiculous, and cut scenes were taken out. I mentioned the taking out of cut scenes to OMT and he said that people didn't like it because they didn't see the players actually break the huddle...

Okay... thing is, the cut scene was replaced with something far inferior and un-sim. I cannot agree at all that this alternative was a better choice. It looked awful. QB's running to the line like that... just awful. It's still left unfixed.

I think the Madden Team is coming around with making the game more sim. But in a generation like this, I don't know how some of these essentials got pushed away in the first place. All the stuff posted in this thread should've been in both games year one. Development is hard, we get that. But adding some cut scenes isn't going to break the back of any development team, lol. In terms of other far more challenging things in development, this is like the least difficult. There is no excuse, except that this stuff became viewed internally as unimportant. They made a huge error in judgement with that view. All it's done is dragged the games down.
Who were these insane people? People in EA? Fans? I cant imagine that it was fans....

Thats really unbelievable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #36
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Other than the bands, I think 09 was better than this one in presentation.

But after being reminded of 04 by those pictures....those are some long-lost jewels. I forgot all about 04. Man, NCAA was really high on presentation that year.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #37
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

I feel like this game never has a sense of urgency or excitement...
Old 06-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #38
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

man, i forgot how god 04 was exactly. i kinda feel like dusting of the PS2 and poppibng it in.

@AdamdotH
Old 06-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #39
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

anybody wanna do a 2010 roster update for the 2004 game?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #40
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

please bring back team entrances and custom optional endzone celebrations endzone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »