Home

College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

This is a discussion on College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #49
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Score ticker…

Post game interactions
Yes, that score ticker adds a nice little touch to the Dynasty Mode.

Also, there were times in last get where the players REALLY interacted with each other after plays. There was one cut scene where the WR looked like he was talking tarsh to the DB and holding his arms out like he was saying "You can't stop me!!!" Little things like that add so much.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #50
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

i think it would they could single handily make up for this all if a team had an all white uni and for a key game that you can wear the all white at home and the crowd would be white.

or it could work for any other color, Like Tennessee's all orange.

just an idea.

@AdamdotH
Old 06-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #51
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
man, i forgot how god 04 was exactly. i kinda feel like dusting of the PS2 and poppibng it in.
Exactly. It has been so long I forgot how great the presentation looked or should I say at least there was some presentation. Heck its Sunday might as well get the ps2 out and give it a spin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
i think it would they could single handily make up for this all if a team had an all white uni and for a key game that you can wear the all white at home and the crowd would be white.

or it could work for any other color, Like Tennessee's all orange.

just an idea.
Yeah being able to have a "black out" game or whatever color would be pretty good if you were playing a highly ranked team.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #53
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I find it hilarious that they actually consider adding field goal nets and windsocks as adding presentation to the game.
Haha agreed there. We are in an awfully precarious situation when the marketing team for EA/NCAA has to create some gimmick about how great these new field goals nets and windsocks are. Sure they are nice additions, but they're minor and really should have been in place already. Also they shouldn't be considered the major additions to this year's iteration, and the fact that they have to advertise them as such is laughable.

The presentation has always been lackluster for EA in any of their sports games. I guess they don't consider it a priority, or they just don't have the right minds behind the scenes--people thinking creatively enough to execute. Honestly, presentation doesn't even involve a lot of creativity in some respects; all you need to do is watch a few broadcasts of a game on any channel and boom, you have your presentation feature set.

Excitement just isn't there. Celebrations--both post play, post game, and in general--are timid and detached. I'm not saying it has to be grossly over the top, but there needs to be some emotion in it. The announcers just casually announce "oh hey they won the national championship," and then the winners just kind of run around randomly. Where's soaking the coach in Gatorade after a big win?

The biggest thing for college that separate it from the professional ranks is the atmosphere. Rowdy college students, the school's band playing the alma mater, the pre-game show with Lee gettin' boo'd for picking the rivals to win. All that stuff should be well represented. Then there's the school-specific team entrances, pre-game warmups, analysis by the commentary team, stuff that is seemingly a no-brainer is also missing.

It's a real shame because with technology today, the possibilities are nearly endless, and the tools are there to really fulfill that potential, but because it might seem like a "bad business decision," that potential is never met. I've seen things back in the original Madden days (like '94, '95, etc.) that still hasn't been reproduced today. I realize it might be more time consuming to implement certain things today, but if you take the time, there really is so much more you can accomplish.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I find it hilarious that they actually consider adding field goal nets and windsocks as adding presentation to the game.
Me too. Its really sad thats one of their "presentation" aspects. I would never consider that presentation. More cosmetics than anything..
Old 06-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 39

I'm glad that those screens were able to conjure up some memories of how good we used to have it.. If only NG were to include all of them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #56
stewaat

OVR:

Oh man bringing back the memories...

Really miss this stuff in next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »