Home

Best NCAA to date?

This is a discussion on Best NCAA to date? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #49
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Best NCAA to date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
The game that started it all for me. Great memories playing that, and 2005.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
The game that started it all for me. Great memories playing that, and 2005.
Yeah it was awesome. Its one of two NCAA games I still own. NCAA 99 (PC) being the other.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #51
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Definitely 04'. I played the the hell out of that game, it was so fun. I think I got 15 full seasons out of Dynasty too, splitting time playing with Alabama and a created school.

That wasn't the year of Maestro was it? Maybe that was 06.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 17

I fired up NCAA 07 on the xbox last night. Found some of my old heisman sliders and had a ball. I still think that NCAA 04 was the best game though, I think it had Carson Palmer on the cover. Me and my buddy had epic battles in that game and I think I logged over 600 hours in that game. I remember it had something that kept track of hours played and it was absurdly high.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #53
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Yea 04 was the ish. The pregame cutscenes, the replay camera, the overall gameplay.

04 was epic.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #54
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

2004 was the best for it's time but it's pretty rough when you go back and play it now.

If I'm going to play a last-gen version of NCAA today it would be 2006. The impact players are overdone but it's better than the broken momentum meter, jump the snap and other overblown features that were introduced in 07 or 08. Not to mention the disappearance of defense in 07 and 08 and the broken pursuit angles in 08. 07 and 08 were both pretty entertaining though, you could have fun with them if you didn't mind having shootouts in the 40's and 50's every game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
actually, it is very important to being up the "old stuff" The lack of "old stuff" is the reason why this series is on life support. 99% of the complaining is about the "old stuff" that was done properly and added realism to the game.

I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, there is no excuse for us to have more powerful systems, bigger discs, and the result ends up being a lesser game.

Would you buy a a computer that looked cool but performed worse than you're computer you bought nearly 10 years ago?
There in lies the problem, 360 DOESN"T have bigger disks than last gen. So they are in effect making a Next Gen game without being able to fully utilize the Next Gen potential of the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 8

On 06 I got to fully use the 70 man roster. Whether by suspending players, formation subs, injuries, and changing players because a player was losing his composure. The effect player composure had on the game was great. Guys getting rattled because the stadium pulse was rocking! I remember playing some games and saying "man, get this scarry @$$ boy out the damn game", classic. LOL CPU even took out their QB if he was playing horrible. That was nice! And 06 was the only game so far that I REALLY tried to get my stadium to the #1 toughest place to play. I still remember #3 was the highest I got. I didn't mind the dropped passes because there weren't many inaccurate throws and their composure at the time affected that too. I remember recruiting athletes that really were able to play both sides of the ball and suspending one of my best players for the year because of a major infraction.

NCAA 06= one of my favorite games of all times. Ohhhh the memories

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »