Home

How come the QB vision cone never made its way to NCAA football?

This is a discussion on How come the QB vision cone never made its way to NCAA football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: How come the QB vision cone never made its way to NCAA football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Vision cone isnt an accurate representation of real football. The cone was based on a QB's ability to physically "see better" than other QB's. Its a Qb ability to read a defense not "see better"! Besides if there's no pass rush then it wont matter.
I don't think so. If it was representing a QB "seeing" better, then the screen would be blurry for low awareness QB's and clear for high awareness QB's.

The cone represented focus and peripheral vision. When I was new at playing FPS games, I would stare at one point. As I got better, I was able to use my peripheral vision more. It really does a good job representing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Dumbest feature I've ever seen...I mean why not just go back to the Temco bowl system if you're gonna use that.
Tecmo Bowl passing is essentially what the franchise has now...it's basically pick a guy and tap that button, doesn't matter how much heat is on you, timing doesn't really matter, and accuracy is completely out of your control...granted it's not quite that bad but it's not far from that.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I don't think so. If it was representing a QB "seeing" better, then the screen would be blurry for low awareness QB's and clear for high awareness QB's.

The cone represented focus and peripheral vision. When I was new at playing FPS games, I would stare at one point. As I got better, I was able to use my peripheral vision more. It really does a good job representing that.
Maybe thats what it was suppose to do but it didnt work and that was my point.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #28
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

QB vision is in both 07 and 08 Xbox 360 versions. It was really easy to use with player locking where you would hold left trigger and then the receiver you wanted (say A) and then hit A again for the pass. It made your passes more accurate than if you didn't use it, but I don't think many people realized that.

People I played online would ask why I used the QB vision and I'd tell them it made the QB more accurate. I don't think they believed me until half way through the game.

It does help compensate for the fact that we can see the entire field where a real QB can only see a portion.

This discussion just goes to show why EA has such a hard job. Some people love features, some think they're stupid, however I think if they just put in the amount of features that it seems could be worked on in a year, people would at least give them points for trying. Doesn't even feel like they're trying right now.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw74
vision cone sucked!!
def agree with this stupidest thing ever.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
I loved the vision cone as well.. It made awareness matter and really made you appreciate your older guys who had the advantage in that rating. It was optional in the previous games, so why couldn't they have kept it in for future versions of Madden and NCAA? I hope they add it back in sometime..
We have a winner. That was the main reason why I loved VC. In todays football games I could use a QB with 0 awareness and a 90 thp/tha and put up insane numbers. We all know IRL awareness is almost the most important stat in the NFL yet it takes the backseat in video games.

I was pretty good at it and the game felt so much better with the cone. When I played a game w/o the cone I felt like I was cheating. The game was to easy without it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »