Home

THE DEMO JUST KILLED ME (RANT...LONG)

This is a discussion on THE DEMO JUST KILLED ME (RANT...LONG) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: THE DEMO JUST KILLED ME (RANT...LONG)

I disagree that every single post relating in any way to the demo should be forced into the 100+ page demo impressions thread. That thread should be for very general impressions and mini-reviews after initially playing the demo ("I liked this, this and this. I didn't like that, that and that..."). More specific issues that are worth discussing in-depth should have their own threads. That is the only way they can get the attention they deserve, because there's no way people are going to search through over 100 pages of info trying to weed out the info that focuses on the single issue they want to talk about. It's a mess.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
I disagree that every single post relating in any way to the demo should be forced into the 100+ page demo impressions thread. That thread should be for very general impressions and mini-reviews after initially playing the demo ("I liked this, this and this. I didn't like that, that and that..."). More specific issues that are worth discussing in-depth should have their own threads. That is the only way they can get the attention they deserve, because there's no way people are going to search through over 100 pages of info trying to weed out the info that focuses on the single issue they want to talk about. It's a mess.
+1

I didn't want to clutter up that thread with a personal rant.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 AM   #11
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree with everything the OP has said...well except for the **** teambuilder...I loved that they added that feature, but still wont be buying the game because the gameplay is still atrocious. Lets hope they actually work on gameplay for 2011
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Listen...I know alot of you play against the CPU and so you're not so concerned. But for a lot people, matching your wits against another USER is the best form of competition.
http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/st...fault/yeah.gif

Ever since Madden 2003 on PS2 introduced me to online football, I really haven't been able to go back to enjoying games against the CPU. Even the best videogame AI at this point isn't one-tenth as challenging, dynamic or thus fun as playing against a real human. You really have to have an imagination to get yourself to enjoy playing the lifeless CPU, and at the ripe old age of 25, I'm afraid I've lost most of that. But luckily, playing against a similarly talented gamer who shares your gameplay (sim) philosophy is a ton of fun.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:21 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 33

NCAA is always the previous years madden.

NCAA 10 is a carbon copy of M09.

Expect NCAA 11 to be a much better games as it will be carbon copy of M10.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

I agree. That's one reason why I'm looking forward to next year; the game will be much better by default. Sad, but, true.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #15
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Actually, that stopped being true when this game went to PS2. NCAA had alot of stuff that Madden didn't during it's PS2 days, and that's why it was often the favorite among many hardcore football fans. NCAA had the gameplay down pat whereas Madden catered to the casual fan.

Now maybe it's going back to being Madden's hand me down....which is unfortunate, but this game stood on its own feet for most of the PS2 life.

It really sucks for me, b/c I want to have a college football game since my school is in the middle of a great run in real life. But I can't buy this game b/c I can already tell I'll hae the same reaction as I did on '09. I'll try to ignore the bad stuff, but it'll overwhelm me to the point of anger. I stopped playin '09 in October. What a shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #16
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The solution is a simple one. Skip a year of playing NCAA football. Play 08 or 09, don't buy 10 and force them to get it right next year. Or ,you can still buy 10 and nothing will be fixed next year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »