Home

How easy is it to block PAT's???

This is a discussion on How easy is it to block PAT's??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How easy is it to block PAT's???

If there is a known issue, I'd love to get a PM on how exactly (or how you think) they are doing it. I don't know of any ways to cheat and get a block at the moment.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm just offering what I've heard and asking everyone to chime in with what they've heard. I'm just asking. I have heard from one gamer I respect and he believes there is a way you can line up and go unblocked. I don't know that for sure and I haven't claimed to. I try not to jump to conclusions but nothing about 09 would surprise me. Hopefully, as the day goes on we'll hear more accounts to help figure out if it is a glitch/problem.

Last edited by jdrhammer; 06-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

You should slow down the time it takes to actually make contact with the ball.

Currently its almost a simultaneous action with the snap & kick..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

In 09 I was able to block several PAT's by moving the SS/LB that sits right behind the LOS up into the A gap between the C & G. If you could get him close enough without going offsides the center would jump and block you and the NT who you are not controlling would come directly in unblocked and block the PAT or FG. Like I said he wouldn't block every time but several times a season you are sure to get a block.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
If there is a known issue, I'd love to get a PM on how exactly (or how you think) they are doing it. I don't know of any ways to cheat and get a block at the moment.
Is it easier to block a kick/punt in 10? I don't think I ever did in 09.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I was sometimes able to put my fast returner next to the line and then, if I timed it absolutely perfectly, running toward the line right as the ball was snapped, I could tackle the holder. Some considered that cheese, but the only way I could do it was if they just lined up and kicked instantly. It's almost impossible to time if they wait a few seconds and you don't know when they're going to kick.

I told them, hey, if in a real football game you know exactly when the ball will be hiked you could do that too.

They just varied their snap count a bit and I couldn't do it anymore. I don't think I've actually blocked one though more than twice.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a friend who when playing the computer, can time it perfectly to come off the corner on PAT's, and tackle the holder more often then not. I don't think he could do it on field goals though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

It's not easy, I have not blocked a single PAT in NCAA 07, (I didn't buy 08) or 09.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »