Home

Dump Corso...........

This is a discussion on Dump Corso........... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Dump Corso...........

A new crew isn't really needed, but I don't think Corso is best served on the play by play team. I'm not a fan of his anyway, but his 'over the top' style doesn't work in a game.

It's really hard to explain, but in a game you are only going to be able to record so many lines for certain situations, and with Corso, you'll wind up hearing the same 'catchphrases' over and over. Now this happens with all the commentators (hearing the same lines over again) but with Corso you hear the same 'greased pig' lines and 'looks at his hands and wonders what happened' from Coso over and over. Other commentator's repeated lines are more believable, but it's just weird to hear the same completely random terms multiple times in a game. The 'off the wall' type stuff he has recorded isn't the type of thing you hear more than once.

I didn't do a good job explaining this, but I just think he'd be best served doing pre-game/halftime/post-game shows. (College Gameday would be sweet too, and these shows are hugely needed)
Old 06-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The problem isnt the crew. Its hearing the same lines year in year out thats the problem. We are to many years in to the series to have the same comments over and over again!
Well, there are thousands of lines in there. We add in hundreds every year as well as removing a bunch. But that only affects 5-10% of all the commentary, so it will sound repetitive year over year.

If we were to re-script the whole game, we would have about 30% of what we have total right now. So instead of repetitive year over year, it because repetitive game over game.

Also, I think we are really only talking about the color commentary here, right? The play by play stuff was actually redone completely for 09.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Adam, you are correct. We do not need a new crew. We just need more lines from the crew. However, I would like to see a College Gameday pregame, with the College Gameday crew, including Desmond Howard and Chris Fowler, along with Kirk and Corso. Then the game announcers of Nessler, Kirk, and Corso. Or with Nesler, Kirk and Fowler. And then have the BCS game be announced by Nessler, Fowler, Kirk and Lee, with Desmond and Erin Andrews having sideline analysis.
Yep. I really want to do something like this.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Favorite line is the one where corso talks about a big lineman ordering three bags of food from his hotel room. And the Not so fast my friend. Good stuff right there,
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yep. I really want to do something like this.
Wait, wait, wait... this would mean adding presentational elements to the game...

Is that what you are implying..?

And the crew is fine as is. Nessler is one of the better commentators out there. It would be nice though if Keith Jackson were still doing games and you guys could record him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

I'd love it if the NCAA team followed the lead from the FIFA team and had DLC for other announcing crews. I don't know if the technology and coding NCAA uses would allow this through DLC, but having the ability to choose between multiple announce crews gave FIFA '09 additional life for me and I still play it 9 months later (can't say that for any of the next gen NCAA games).
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

I think generic announcers would be something to look into as well when you are playing regionally broadcast games in dynasty..
Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Well, there are thousands of lines in there. We add in hundreds every year as well as removing a bunch. But that only affects 5-10% of all the commentary, so it will sound repetitive year over year.

If we were to re-script the whole game, we would have about 30% of what we have total right now. So instead of repetitive year over year, it because repetitive game over game.

Also, I think we are really only talking about the color commentary here, right? The play by play stuff was actually redone completely for 09.
I wasnt trying to imply that work hasnt been done but it just doesnt show.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »