Home

Turbo

This is a discussion on Turbo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Turbo

NHL 09 removed it and the controls feel much better.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I definitely think it should take a step or two to kick in unless you're already in the open field but it needs to be more situation appropriate like if you're in the backfield looking for a hole, and you sprint up to the LOS and then try to bounce outside, you shoud be penalized and momentum should cause you to be all off-balance and put you in a position to get creamed real easily.

It would be nice to be able to use it for a step or two in traffic to elude pressure, then let off of it so you could make moves to find a gap and then get back on it when you start to move ahead vertially on the field. It would be nice if it were programmed to do that better with penalty to the user.
Completely agree, it feels as though the Turbo feature is all Reward with little to no Risk!

Full sprinting increases
- Drops
- Fumbles
- Injuries
- Slips and Falls

With the exception of the QB play on the run, and less maneuverability, turbo has little risk on the field.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Take it out and bring back the pressure controller stick running
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

I prefer how it's done in the 2K world for sprint and special moves with the charge/tap....

If you're going to be running into a LB, in 2K you hold that A button down, knowing you're going to either try and drop the boom/stiff arm or spin/juke the guy out of his jock...you get more of a feeling like you're preparing for the impact.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Just get rid of it completely.

Turbo was invented as a way of dealing with acceleration prior to the days of analog control.

We have analog control now, so there's no reason to the keep turbo around.

NHL '09 proves that.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I say keep it, you have to. idk about the rest of you, or i guess i shouldnt judge your playing skill, but the turbo is actually appropriate. when running the ball, if you release turbo it gives your blockers time to set up and engage... then if you hit the turbo a step before the hole, it gives you the extra booste that an RB actually strides in real life.
as far a the "risk-reward" when it comes to the turbo button, it IS in a way. When running with tubo pressed, it is actually harder to cut and make turns than it is whithout turbo, if you don't believe me then try it

if turbo is taken out all together, i will not play another ncaa football game.... lol but they wouldnt take it out anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »