Home

NCAA Football 10 Stadium Screenshots - (120 of Them)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Stadium Screenshots - (120 of Them) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA NCAA Facebook screens: all 120 Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
They should be adding the Independence Bowl stadium in soon because when South Alabama joins 1-A in a few seasons, that's the stadium they'll be playing in.

I too am baffled at the generic stadiums though because they have the Denver Broncos stadium...Invesco? and there is only 1 game a season in that stadium, and they don't even play in that stadium every year necessarily. Yet Rice, San Jose State and a few other teams are still left in generic stadiums. The priority list with stadiums is horribly off IMO.
See bolded part. This is what we call a "Madden Conversion." We change the logos around the stadium, change the field art, change the lighting to match NCAA, and update the DB. It is the equivalent of doing 1/8 of a stadium from scratch.

I think our priority system has been pretty good. Sometimes a stadium will get done out of priority because it will take less time and we can squeeze it in budget (as opposed to the next in line which wouldn't fit). The one exception was Akron's stadium being in NCAA 07. Not sure what happened there... maybe an overzealous artist who was starting at the beginning of the alphabet before a priority list was made?

Last edited by OMT; 06-26-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I think Adam said that baseball stadiums getting in weren't licensing issues with the MLB, its just that most aren't 20 years old so they aren't public domains, and they would have to pay the stadiums (not the MLB) individually to get em in. I'm sure the MLB stadiums drive up the price of licensing since they aren't like college stadiums where they would want to get the stadium in the game for the fans, the MLB stadiums just want money.
That's pretty much it. Any stadium that is not owned by a college is not covered under our NCAA license, so we have to secure a seperate license for each. I don't know the financials involved really... I just ask the money guys and get a yes or no if they can be added.

Last edited by OMT; 06-26-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: gotta proofread more...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
See bolded part. This is what we call a "Madden Conversion." We change the logos around the stadium, change the field art, change the lighting to match NCAA, and update the DB. It is the equivalent of doing 1/4 of a stadium from scratch.

I think our priority system has been pretty good. Sometimes a stadium will get done out of priority because it will take less time and we can squeeze it in budget (as opposed to the next in line which wouldn't fit). The one exception was Akron's stadium being in NCAA 07. Not sure what happened there... maybe an overzealous artist who was starting at the beginning of the alphabet before a priority list was made?
Then how come we can't get the New Cowboys Stadium if it's so easy to convert them?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
Banned

davidmj444's Arena

OVR: 6

Fans still aren't sitting in the middle of the hill for Clemson. EA will never get this right...
And they're also still wearing grey and other team colors.
It's the student section EA!
WTF!?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
That's pretty much it. Any stadium that is not owned by a college is not covered under our NCAA license, so we have to secure a seperate license for each. I don't know the financials involved really... I just ask the money guys and get a yes or no if they can be added.
May be this is something Coke Zero can sponsor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandBuck
Then how come we can't get the New Cowboys Stadium if it's so easy to convert them?
Who said we can't?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandBuck
Quote:
Who said we can't?

Hmmm...are you trying to tell us something?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Hmmm...are you trying to tell us something?
Yeah..."maybe next year"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »