Home

Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

This is a discussion on Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #41
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy1974
Not trying to bag on you- but if something makes sense from a financial standpoint, and you're a for-profit company, that's probably what you're going to do.

NCAA and Madden are primarily meant for the North American market, and all you have to do is glance at the install base of the 360 vs. that of the PS3 in the U.S. to understand why the 360 has to be the lead platform for those games.

God post. This was how it was only the opposite way last generation. I remember many Xbox owners complaining about always having PS2 ports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

I can't help but wonder how this discussion/debate would go if EA didn't have the exclusive license and Sony made an NFL and NCAA game exculisively for PS3.
I know, wishfull thinking, but a man can dream.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #43
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

wow, are you serious? they are not going to make a demo in 720p gentlemen. The demo on the ps3 is not "HD" ok it is in standard definition that your ps3 can "upscale" to 720 or 1080p Don't worry about this, it will look great when it comes out, will the 360 have better graphics? if you split hairs, maybe, but don't worry
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
wow, are you serious? they are not going to make a demo in 720p gentlemen. The demo on the ps3 is not "HD" ok it is in standard definition that your ps3 can "upscale" to 720 or 1080p Don't worry about this, it will look great when it comes out, will the 360 have better graphics? if you split hairs, maybe, but don't worry
neither demo is "HD" is it?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #45
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

From having both systems, the 360 does appear more "vibrant" with the PS3 games looking "sharper". EA has done a good job in making both appear the same. I do think they could do more with the PS3 version, but it is what it is. Cell + RSX = greatness as shown by PS3 exclusives that blow the comp out of the water.

You really can't go wrong with either version. I prefer to buy on my ps3 due to the higher chances of my 360 going to the grave or scratching my disc like it did for my Madden 08 360 (good thing it was within 7 days or Gamestop would have had me). The scratchproof coating on the PS3 games is good too. I just don't like this "equalizing" of games on both platforms thing that these companies are doing. Make the best one that you can for the platform period. You didn't see Midway trying to make equal looking versions of Mortal Kombat on the Genesis/SNES. Or even last gen with the PS2/Xbox. Just do each system justice, that's all.

Sorry for the rant, but again, you can't go wrong with either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #46
Rookie

^As Midway is now bankrupt...
Old 07-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
From having both systems, the 360 does appear more "vibrant" with the PS3 games looking "sharper". EA has done a good job in making both appear the same. I do think they could do more with the PS3 version, but it is what it is. Cell + RSX = greatness as shown by PS3 exclusives that blow the comp out of the water.

You really can't go wrong with either version. I prefer to buy on my ps3 due to the higher chances of my 360 going to the grave or scratching my disc like it did for my Madden 08 360 (good thing it was within 7 days or Gamestop would have had me). The scratchproof coating on the PS3 games is good too. I just don't like this "equalizing" of games on both platforms thing that these companies are doing. Make the best one that you can for the platform period. You didn't see Midway trying to make equal looking versions of Mortal Kombat on the Genesis/SNES. Or even last gen with the PS2/Xbox. Just do each system justice, that's all.

Sorry for the rant, but again, you can't go wrong with either.
I never heard of scratchproof coating on the PS3 games. Thats nice too know
Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 8

I pre-ordered PS3 as well and played the demo. I thought the graphics look fine on the PS3. However, I haven't compared it to the 360 demo. As others have noted...we're dealing with a demo so it may not be indicative of the final build.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »