Home

Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

This is a discussion on Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

I have never purchased NCAA Football before, mostly Madden. I have already preordered the PS3 version but after seeing both demos I am unsure. The PS3 graphics look horrible (well at least not as good as the 360) , OU helmets look like velvet xmas balls and the Gators (on the helemt) is very rugged looking while the 360 helmets are shiney and clear, the game also seems brighter and clearer on the 360 and they seem to play about the same. I think I will change my preorder today to the 360. Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbox
I have never purchased NCAA Football before, mostly Madden. I have already preordered the PS3 version but after seeing both demos I am unsure. The PS3 graphics look horrible (well at least not as good as the 360) , OU helmets look like velvet xmas balls and the Gators (on the helemt) is very rugged looking while the 360 helmets are shiney and clear, the game also seems brighter and clearer on the 360 and they seem to play about the same. I think I will change my preorder today to the 360. Anyone else notice this?
Are the helments shiny and clear on the demo? I have noticed that all the videos on the 360 look way better than the ps3 demo. they havent even realesed a video for the ps3 to even go by. I cant figure out why the ps3 takes a back seat when it comes to ncaa and madden
Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not quite sure either.... HOWEVER.. you also have to look @ the overall marketing of each product...the PS3 was built from the ground up to be the "Ultimate Entertainment Expirience"...that means they were focused on Games mainly.. however the strategy was to clearly make it compatible with home theatre systems computer entertainment in addition to video games...not just on the video game market..on the other hand Xbox was built to be a pure gaming system DVD's sure but you could do that with the old one. also enable easy compatibility to gamming as well as regular PC's hence the dual online cross platform multiplayer games.... as well as the larger abundance of games and OVERAL quality....im not saying PS3 dosent have great games.. they do ....i am finding typically that the games that are made from the ground up for PS3 (metal gear solid...killzone....Ect.) are better than 99.99999% of the games xbox has on the market..but @ the end of the day its whos making the most off of what ppl they market to..just my 2 cents tho and what i think considering i have both..
Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

Again. Does the 360 demo graphics look the same as the posted videos?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Isn't this game developed for 360 first then ported (or something similar) to the PS3? Some development houses work that way. I know of at least one that works the other way (and they're another EA development house), at least they did on one game.

As the the graphical deficiencies, I don't notice it. I'm a PS3 owner; I don't own a 360 (I'd prefer not to use anything from Microsoft). That's probably because in the middle of a game, my focus is not on how pretty my players look, but on the play on the field.

Next time I play the demo, I'll take a closer look. A few minutes ago during commercial break, I looked at the uni selection screen and what I saw looked crisp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
Isn't this game developed for 360 first then ported (or something similar) to the PS3? Some development houses work that way. I know of at least one that works the other way (and they're another EA development house), at least they did on one game.

As the the graphical deficiencies, I don't notice it. I'm a PS3 owner; I don't own a 360 (I'd prefer not to use anything from Microsoft). That's probably because in the middle of a game, my focus is not on how pretty my players look, but on the play on the field.

Next time I play the demo, I'll take a closer look. A few minutes ago during commercial break, I looked at the uni selection screen and what I saw looked crisp.

I have both (PS3 & 360). I just played both demos and went back and forth. The PS3 demos graphics are not near as good as the 360. But I didn't know if this was because it was just a demo or because, like said earlier, it was made for the xbox and then ported over to the PS3, but what the hell do I know. I just knows whats I sees.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

Ps3 gets hosed yet again..
Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

I prefer the PS3 because the colors are too vibrant on the 360 jmo.

Here is a comparison

PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7E_oUB12w

Xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEthRS-dImA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »