Home

Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

This is a discussion on Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

I agree with the stale presentation and the lack of FCS teams is starting grow ever so annoying, but the rest of the list I don't have/see issues with. The challenge system is something that I'll wait until the final product to judge, as I've only had 1 or 2 challenges in my time with the demo and neither was anything that seemed out of whack.

The commentary isn't the same as '04, there are same lines and the same booth guys, but I've heard lines in the demo that I don't recall hearing last year while playing.

As for fumble fest, I don't see where fumbles are a problem. I've played numerous of games on the demo in which there wasn't a single fumble by either side.

Interception, knockdown, reception. No issues here in my time with the demo. I've seen overthrows, underthrows, and throws that are just completely offline. And these are both me and the cpu, so again, I have no issues.

Pocket and pass rush. The pocket is fine to me, as I see if forming, especially when I'm on defense. As for pass rush, its there, meaning you can generate a pass rush. No its not perfect, but its by no means as horrible as last year, with guys being put on the ground all to frequently. I think there is some "skill" involved in using the analog stick to set up the OL to get to the QB. I had troubles at first, got frustrated thinking it was just like last year, but after time, I've started to get the hang of it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree with the stale presentation and the lack of FCS teams is starting grow ever so annoying,
That sums it up pretty well.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #20
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Are there no FCS teams? teambuilder! Team Builder only is useful if you wanna play as a FCS school not if you wanna play against them. I want to replace the generic FCS schools on my schedule and team builder is worthless at that,

Excellent answer.

Any use of teambuilder makes the game even more unrealistic by adding fake teams, adding FCS teams which then gives you the awesome ability to play as your favorite FCS team against a generic FCS team. I am surprised at how many people actually love teambuilder. It makes the game even more unrealistic.

We should be able to play against all the FCS teams and there should be no generic FCS teams. Two things that teambuilder can not allow us to do. Teambuilder is a cheap excuse but it is something that people love so I would be surprised if we ever see FCS teams in the game the way they are supposed to be.

People love stuff like teambuilder that does not represent what college football is in 2010 and then they wonder why the game is unrealistic and missing things that should be there.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

not sure how it doesn't represent college football when there are plenty of college football teams that will suit up this season outside of the FBS. I think Teambuilder is an underated feature and will add replayability like we've never seen. It's the greatest create feature we've ever had in a football game and it's not just for creating made up teams. It also allows FBS fans to put a new spin on their favorite teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #22
MVP

berad88's Arena

a new unrealistic spin. As long as some of the teams out of the 120 real teams that are in the game continue to pad their season with a game against an FCS team every year there is no excuse for the FCS teams to not be in the game in the correct way.

It is ok that you like teambuilder that shows to me how unrealistic you like your dynasty to be and that pretty much shows me how to value your opinions.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 29

you do realize it's a video game right? is it unrealistic to give a current team an alt uniform that they may actually pull out at some point during the season? Also teambuilder teams aren't only for use in dynasty. you're bashing a feature without knowing all the facts.

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-29-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
you do realize it's a video game right? is it unrealistic to give a current team an alt uniform that they may actually pull out at some point during the season? Also teambuilder teams aren't only for use in dynasty. you're bashing a feature without knowing all the facts.
You are doing a great job at trying to defend teambuilder but you have not yet mentioned one way that it helps represent what college football actually is in 2010.

I think teambuilder is a great idea for an arcade football game or a football game that does not have an exclusive license but in a game like this I expect to see the teams play that are on every teams schedule in the real life 2010 season.

Adding the FCS teams should of been a much higher priority than teambuilder. I can not see how anybody could disagree.
It is just silly to have a college football game with an exclusive license that ships with generic FCS teams in it.

If teambuilder allowed us to replace the generic teams then it would be ok but it does not.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »