Home

Conference Re-Alignment

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Conference Re-Alignment

i like what you did. who did you replace? i am going to put 2-3 created schools in but i am still debating how i think i would like them as independants and i may replace the three military schools
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

OVR: 1

(moved information of bottom of first post so it will not get lost if someone is wanting to try the same thing)

Last edited by tc66tc; 06-29-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
Not bad considering it was done in a vacuum (some of those moves would never happen if you figured in Basketball - Take UC from the Big East back to Conference USA for example).

The realignment thing will be fun for some dream scenarios. I assume the moved teams will still have their old conferences on the field and jerseys though correct?
The only problem with UConn in the CUSA is geographically they are a long ways off from the rest of the conference, thats why I decided to bring BC back from the ACC as well. Yeah I tried to find common ties to the conferences so not all moves were implausible. Most of the moves have historical precedence, or could have been plausible when other conference realignments took place. But UConn was the hard one to find a home for since geographically they are a perfect fit for the Big East, but I was going for a stronger conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

i am planning some realignment as well
i plan to replace the 3 military schools with 3 CAS teams i made
the "backstory" being that the military schools need to withdraw due to a conflict of some sort and the ncaa needs to find three replacements in short order
my three step in as powerhouses from a small conference in the mid southern US (schools are from wyoming, southern texas and alabama)
the three new schools come in as independants which is easy for army and navy, a direct swap

the issue is air force, which is in the mountain west
i would put notre dame in a conference, either the big 10 or big east, and shuffle from there until the mountain west void was filled
Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

i thought i put ""any suggestions?"

at the end of that post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #14
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
i am planning some realignment as well
i plan to replace the 3 military schools with 3 CAS teams i made
the "backstory" being that the military schools need to withdraw due to a conflict of some sort and the ncaa needs to find three replacements in short order
my three step in as powerhouses from a small conference in the mid southern US (schools are from wyoming, southern texas and alabama)
the three new schools come in as independants which is easy for army and navy, a direct swap

the issue is air force, which is in the mountain west
i would put notre dame in a conference, either the big 10 or big east, and shuffle from there until the mountain west void was filled
Notre Dame to the Big East, Cincinnati to Indep
Cincinnati to CUSAW, UTEP to Indep
Cincinnati to CUSAE, Memphis or Southern Miss to CUSAW
UTEP to Mountian West, Air Force to Indep

Now you still have teams in proper regional areas, and the three service academy's as Indeps. From here you can do your replacing.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #15
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I want to add Notre Dame to the Big 10 and have 12 teams. How I plan on doing it is to sub out all the Big 12 teams for Big 10 squads. So the conference will have the name Big 10 officially, but in my world it will just be the Big 10.

The divisions will be:

Big Ten East:

Penn State
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Purdue
Michigan
Ohio State

Big Ten West:
Iowa
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Indiana

Indiana kind of gets the short straw because (for realism's sake) I don't see ND accepting a Big 10 invite unless they can preserve all of their annual rivalries with Big 10 teams and they would have to be in the same division to do so. Then leave a team like Baylor or Iowa State or Kansas State out as an independent and have the 11 other teams from the Big 12 battle it out in what is officially the Big 10 in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

is the conference realignment phase before the CAS substitution or after?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »