Home

Conference Re-Alignment

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #25
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Conference Re-Alignment

good post, I especially like PSU, BC, and ND in the BE, however along with everyone else who mentioned it...it would just look really dumb with 2 teams playing in the conference champ game but then have different conference patches on the uni's and the field art for the conference title is also different from the ones on the uni's - God why did I have to be born and raised in a college town? I LOVE college football, and I've been addicted to this since Bill Walsh titles when it was truly EPIC up until 06, and now I cant stop buying this half-arsed game. EA put a root on me and it stuck for 15 years....sorry for that rant, I just blanked out for a sec. - anyway great alignment ideas man, maybe we'll get a patch or something for the conference patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #26
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

i think i am going to create a fourth team and fill the independants while replacing duke with wku in the acc my question is does the independant group function like a conference at all? is there an automatic bowl bid involved or is it all at large??
Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #27
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
i am planning some realignment as well
i plan to replace the 3 military schools with 3 CAS teams i made
the "backstory" being that the military schools need to withdraw due to a conflict of some sort and the ncaa needs to find three replacements in short order
Your 'backstory' doesn't work. Even in times of major conflict you cannot take shortcuts to award degrees faster thereby producing officers faster. It still takes 4 years to educate an officer to be. In the last major conflict, WWII, Army and Navy (The Air Force didn't exist.) excelled because they could attract all of the top talent. USNA or USMA were the only schools that you could go to and be guaranteed to play football for the next four years and not be drafted.

A minor conflict wouldn't affect the capability for the academies to field teams. A major conflict that would require the need to institute a draft would give a huge recruiting advantage to the academies for the reasons stated above.

I have no issues with what you plan to do in the game, just shedding some light on the history and reality of your 'story'.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #28
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

im fully aware of the reality as my family has a strong military backround, thats why its a story thanks for speaking up though

did you serve?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #29
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, good to go. Too many people are unaware of the dominance that Army and Navy used to have on the college football landscape.

I do serve. It is a privilege to do what I do.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #30
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

thank you
Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #31
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by md0t
good post, I especially like PSU, BC, and ND in the BE, however along with everyone else who mentioned it...it would just look really dumb with 2 teams playing in the conference champ game but then have different conference patches on the uni's and the field art for the conference title is also different from the ones on the uni's - God why did I have to be born and raised in a college town? I LOVE college football, and I've been addicted to this since Bill Walsh titles when it was truly EPIC up until 06, and now I cant stop buying this half-arsed game. EA put a root on me and it stuck for 15 years....sorry for that rant, I just blanked out for a sec. - anyway great alignment ideas man, maybe we'll get a patch or something for the conference patches.
Yeah the logos are the only draw back but not enough that it ruins the feature for me. I wish they would have at least just removed the logos from jerseys and fields if a team got moved. Having the proper logos would be nice, but even if they were just removed it would have been 10x better than having the wrong ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc66tc
Yeah the logos are the only draw back but not enough that it ruins the feature for me. I wish they would have at least just removed the logos from jerseys and fields if a team got moved. Having the proper logos would be nice, but even if they were just removed it would have been 10x better than having the wrong ones.
I concur

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »