Home

Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

This is a discussion on Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
What tweak do you find is the most important to add replayability to your OD?
Changing the entire Game Play Engine. The game play for NCAA is atrocious and it needs an entire overhaul. I like dynasty, but if the game doesn't play correctly, dynasty is useless.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
What tweak do you find is the most important to add replayability to your OD?
I read that CPU teams won't simply recruit QB's after the main needs are filled. They will actually build depth at other positions. Also, they will make good depth chart decisions. For example, instead of having two awesome LT's and a crappy RT, the CPU will assign one of them to the RT position. I am 83% sure I read a developer post that here or in a blog.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
If these things were broken last year and not patched, what makes you think they are going to patch them this year?
Actually if I remember correctly the sliders were patched last year, which allowed you to set the pass rush where you wanted it.

And we are working on getting the patch we have right now finished and into the hands of Sony and Microsoft so we can get it released as quickly as possible.

I agree it "shouldn't" be this way, but a solution is on the way.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Same way broken sliders got into the game..again
Same reason why the OL/DL interactions still suck
Same reason why we are getting Season Showdown as a feature

That about sums it up in a nutshell.....

Also no Formation Subs AGAIN!!!!!!

Compared to where EA was in the Mid-90's to now almost makes me sick......If you can't even get the Roster Template right, what hope is there!!!!!?????

Do the Dev's that make this game even like College Football????
Old 07-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I've changed my tune on this.

So many of us are dynasty only players. I really think that the fixes and tweaks to dynasty are really going to make the game have much more re-playability.

I don't know why we don't see more focus on this from OS posters. Maybe some feel that this isn't enough. I personally feel that many are overlooking the importance of these fixes.
I agree with this. I am excited about the changes they made to recruiting. Even if they are minor to some people I think they fixed the problems of AI recruiting and this makes building up some bad teams fun for me. The rosters and sliders are going to be fixed by a patch (hopefully) so this is a non issue for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
That about sums it up in a nutshell.....

Also no Formation Subs AGAIN!!!!!!

Compared to where EA was in the Mid-90's to now almost makes me sick......If you can't even get the Roster Template right, what hope is there!!!!!?????

Do the Dev's that make this game even like College Football????
FORMATION SUBS says it all. People who know me on these boards know that my #1 priority for NCAA is to see the return of formation subs. These are the most basic building blocks of football strategy and this game is broken until they are returned.

What kills me is that Madden has them going on two years now. Russell, could you please answer this one question for me: why are formation subs not in the game again but SS is? Who made the call on this one? I mean if Madden 09 had them why can't we just have that in a patch? I really hope you are able to respond to this. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
What kills me is that Madden has them going on two years now. Russell, could you please answer this one question for me: why are formation subs not in the game again but SS is? Who made the call on this one? I mean if Madden 09 had them why can't we just have that in a patch? I really hope you are able to respond to this. Thank you.
It's gotta be the suits. The devs don't control everything about the game, despite what you think. Ian's twitter a few days ago mentioned that he had to run a feature by the higher ups (whoever that may be, I dont' know), so if Ian has to get things approved, so does Russ and the NCAA team.

You know suits always want stupid gimmicks and crap in the game. They've gotta throw something in for the 10 year olds and the fringe customers.

Also, imagine how many resources it took to create team builder. Formation subs would be awesome, but you have got to give them credit for at least making the game better than it was the year before.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #24
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76

What kills me is that Madden has them going on two years now. Russell, could you please answer this one question for me: why are formation subs not in the game again but SS is? Who made the call on this one? I mean if Madden 09 had them why can't we just have that in a patch? .
The minute I put in the PS3 version last year and saw that Formation Subs was not there I turned it off and went back to the PS2 version....

I can't wait to hear Russell's answer on that one.....Remember, this is a company that PUT INCOMPLETE AND INCORRECT ROSTER TEMPLATES IN A GAME AND IS GOING TO RELEASE IT KNOWING IT HAS TO BE PATCHED!!!!!!!!! If a game has to be patched on Launch Day, everyone involved should be FIRED!!!!!!!

And what is Season Showdown anyway???

STOP TAKING OUT THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE GAME OF FOOTBALL AND REPLACING THEM WITH SILLY, CHILDLIKE GIMMICKS THAT EVERYONE DETESTS!!!!!!!!

And this is from a person that has bought almost every single EA Sports game EVERY YEAR since the ORIGINAL NHL Hockey for Sega....

Last edited by GrayFolded; 07-01-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: misspell

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »