Home

Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

This is a discussion on Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

I'll tell you what this is going to do for me and I'm sure for many others, and that is it's going to make me wait to buy the game.

Up until this point I made it a priority to get my hands on this game as soon as it was possible, but with all the ridiculous issues I'm going to wait and monitor what happens with the patches and fixes and workarounds before I plunk down $60.

I know for me, if I don't hear some really positive things after a few weeks of release in terms of getting the major issues fixed correctly, I won't be buying NCAA this year as much as that pains me to say.

Pretty sad when I'm looking forward to FIFA 10 in October more than I'm looking forward to NCAA in two weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
FORMATION SUBS says it all. People who know me on these boards know that my #1 priority for NCAA is to see the return of formation subs. These are the most basic building blocks of football strategy and this game is broken until they are returned.

What kills me is that Madden has them going on two years now. Russell, could you please answer this one question for me: why are formation subs not in the game again but SS is? Who made the call on this one? I mean if Madden 09 had them why can't we just have that in a patch? I really hope you are able to respond to this. Thank you.
You can choose not to believe this if you want, but Adam or Russ has already gave a definitive answer on why formation subs are not in the game.

He said that adding formation subs would take at least 300 man hours to implement. If they add that, then probably two or three other things are left out instead.

Now I want formations subs as much as anyone, but I understand their though process on this. Those of us here, and on a few other boards are very vocal and often belligerent about our desire for this feature, but truth be told we are just a very vocal minority.

IMO defensive keys, and game planning are more important than formations subs. Its your prerogative to disagree of course.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You can choose not to believe this if you want, but Adam or Russ has already gave a definitive answer on why formation subs are not in the game.

He said that adding formation subs would take at least 300 man hours to implement. If they add that, then probably two or three other things are left out instead.

Now I want formations subs as much as anyone, but I understand their though process on this. Those of us here, and on a few other boards are very vocal and often belligerent about our desire for this feature, but truth be told we are just a very vocal minority.

IMO defensive keys, and game planning are more important than formations subs. Its your prerogative to disagree of course.
300 man hours isn't very much. That is 5 people working on this feature for less than two weeks. That isn't a big deal. I guarantee they spent more time on Team Builder, Season Showdown, Erin Andrews, the coaching thing (picking conservative, aggressive, whatever). More people would touch formation subs and keep up with more than any of the other features.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #28
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

playing a 8 minute game of a demo between 2 teams doesn't give u a real idea of how the game will be IMO.

But to answer the OP's ? what isn't wrong with this game, the only good news is they didn't take the online dynasty out.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, "Persay", but rather it would have been the perfect game for 2008.

There have been very few, if any, improvements on the gameplay features.

IMO, People are dis-heartened by the fact that a year has passed, and a few gimmicks have been added, oh yeh and Erin Andrews.

If you played 09, then this is virtually the same, with the aforementioned additions.

The hype that started when the first pic was released, coupled with last years "ground-breaking" online dynasty really set the bar high for EA this year. In reality, they added Erin Andrews, a few more animations, and a few more gimmicks, slapped the EA logo on it put it on the shelves ready for consumption on July 14, 2009.

Having said that, I am thankful to have it. Just disapointed there wasnt more to it, and with less gimmicks. I could add a whole list of things that people wanted to see, given a year, but they are no-where in sight.
I agree with this.

I think another question that needs to be asked is... "What is right with this game?" In all honesty, I can't give you an answer.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

Yes, I recall Adam saying that but the problem with the logic (in my most humble opinion) is that the Madden 09 version had them and the games are based upon the same model. The two teams should have worked together on this so that it could be implemented on NCAA and Madden.

And yes, I like game-planning but is that a 300 hour feature? Defensive keys... the proof will be in the pudding when the actual game comes out... I have not seen a lot of use for it in the demo... and really how do you prove or dissprove that it works... pure spectulation at best!

The minority comment I will dissagree with. The uproar over the lack of this feature was huge. Hardcore gamers don't make up most of the sales but anger us enough and our voice has power over a lot of other consumers.

My 2 cents for all it's worth
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #31
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
300 man hours isn't very much. That is 5 people working on this feature for less than two weeks. That isn't a big deal. I guarantee they spent more time on Team Builder, Season Showdown, Erin Andrews, the coaching thing (picking conservative, aggressive, whatever). More people would touch formation subs and keep up with more than any of the other features.
300 manhours for something as important as FS...Hmmmmmm.....Why not get rid of the features for 8 year olds that no one wants and you might have an extra 1000 hours of programming time.....

Does anyone want Erin Andrews in the game??

Does anyone want SS??

Make an EA Kids series for the children and pack all of those stupid ideas in that game and make a "Real" College Football Sim for the rest of us...

I don't want a WR as a Gunner on Punt Return Defense!!!
I don't want my STARTING TE on Kickoffs!!!
I don't want my TOP 2 LB's on Special Teams at ALL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #32
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

If they want to make an arcade game, they should keep it on the Wii.

Please give us older people a sim game, its the reason we bought NEXT GENERATION consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »