Home

Recruiting for future NCAA games...

This is a discussion on Recruiting for future NCAA games... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting for future NCAA games...

Recruiting JR's are you kidding me? I get tired of calling 30 prospects every week, let alone trying to keep up with the cpu recruiting JR's. I have heard complaints about people oversigning in OD's and people have to set up rules to counter this. Recruiting JR's will just make this harder.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
Rookie

thesublime's Arena

OVR: 4

This coming from a Bama fan...didn't you guys just forfeit a ton of wins for hustling textbooks? Its not like we couldn't start busting on Saban.

Kiffin is a cocky SOB. He's also not the idiot everyone makes him out to be. Yeah, he runs his mouth...a lot...but the guy knows what he's doing when it comes to recruiting. 3 years as USC's recruiting coordinator = 3 top 5 classes. In fact, I'm almost positive they had the #1 class in 2 of the 3 years. Coaching the team is another thing...we'll see how that goes.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesublime
This coming from a Bama fan...didn't you guys just forfeit a ton of wins for hustling textbooks? Its not like we couldn't start busting on Saban.

Kiffin is a cocky SOB. He's also not the idiot everyone makes him out to be. Yeah, he runs his mouth...a lot...but the guy knows what he's doing when it comes to recruiting. 3 years as USC's recruiting coordinator = 3 top 5 classes. In fact, I'm almost positive they had the #1 class in 2 of the 3 years. Coaching the team is another thing...we'll see how that goes.
Did you know that the text book stuff was goin on from 2005-2007, 2007 was Sabans first year & thats when it ended.
And I was just having some fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #12
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18

It's all about options. We should be able to toggle more things on and off in this game. This is another thing that could be set as a classic or expanded type of deal when it comes to recruiting. If people think recruiting is too time consuming then let the cpu do it if the recruiting logic has been improved for the AI (we will see).
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Those are funny stories, but UT did not offer him a scholarship. Jamie Newberg took a quote from Evan and ran with it. It would be the equivalent of one of your kids saying I want to play for "______" when I grow up.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU
Those are funny stories, but UT did not offer him a scholarship. Jamie Newberg took a quote from Evan and ran with it. It would be the equivalent of one of your kids saying I want to play for "______" when I grow up.
Of course they didn't offer him. They're not allowed. But I'd bet the house Kiffin would if he could. Just cause.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

What we need is an interactive RPG style for recruiting. EA can learn a lot from 2k games when it comes to RPG style in sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAJD
Did you know that the text book stuff was goin on from 2005-2007, 2007 was Sabans first year & thats when it ended.
And I was just having some fun.

Oh that makes it ok. Silly bammers. Can't wait till the Gadsen stuff comes to light.

And Penn State, "would if he could"? You've got to be kidding. Just cause.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »