Home

Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

This is a discussion on Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I will say this as well... If you can't program software that isn't bug free, then you shouldn't be selling it. Sorry, but that is the way I feel.
To clarify, in that world there is no software. There are no PCs because there are no operating systems to run them. There are no consoles because the OS in the console can not be released. And even if there were there are no games to play on them. Computers of any kind no longer exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
But many are hidden.
Quote:
But many don't effect the gameplay the way NCAA does.

So you only buy the games in which the bugs/glitches don't affect gameplay? Or the games in which the bugs/glitches are hidden?

Please explain what a "hidden" bug/glitch is?

And please tell me a game that had bugs/glitches that were hidden(didn't effect gameplay) that you purchased.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-02-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #67
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Ah so you're just doing a social experiment then..... on the psychosis of sports video gamers. Let me know how crazy we are. Wait.....I already know....

Is there a social disorder that has something to do with weird analogies spiraling out of control?

No, I do research projects and manage data systems for our Government....No Video Game studies.....I wish...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #68
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Exactly. It shouldn't matter to you guys why something happened. Besides, it would be very unprofessional of me to go into what happened and who did what on a public forum.
I completely disagree with you. If everything was up to par upon release then we dont care. But once again as a consumer. If your offering me a product that is broken in the same exact area as last year "Lucy you got some explaining to do"!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
But many don't effect the gameplay the way NCAA does.
But this is the first time you've clarified that the impact of the bugs make a difference. Previously you've held to your line that 1 bug of any kind and in your world the software can't be sold.

Once you open it up to how much that bug affects the game/software/etc, now we are back in subjective land. Your opinion of how badly it affects gameplay will be different from someone elses, that is why it is an opinion. And once again we are straying back into the discussion of what is a bug and what is not. Now we are back talking about features that aren't done the way YOU would want them done. That is not a bug. A bug is the sliders not affecting gameplay at all when they should. If you hiked the ball and the OL and DL stopped moving, THAT is a bug. There is a pass rush, it is not as effective as many of us would like it to be. That is not a bug.

I would love for NCAA to be 100% photo-realistic. It is not. That does not mean the graphics are full of bugs.

Last edited by mattbooty; 07-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
There is a pass rush, it is not as effective as many of us would like it to be. That is not a bug.
To be slightly annoying, there could be a bug that is causing the pass rush to not be as effective as the developers wanted

But honestly, you explained it perfectly.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #71
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
To be slightly annoying, there could be a bug that is causing the pass rush to not be as effective as the developers wanted

But honestly, you explained it perfectly.
Yep, that could happen. Or it could be a limitation in the system. It could be a lot of things, but it really comes down to tuning. The pass rush works as intended. I know some people think it is fine and others think it is completely wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's how subjectivity works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #72
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yep, that could happen. Or it could be a limitation in the system. It could be a lot of things, but it really comes down to tuning. The pass rush works as intended. I know some people think it is fine and others think it is completely wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's how subjectivity works.
Very few people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »