Home

A letter to the powers to be of ncaa football!!

This is a discussion on A letter to the powers to be of ncaa football!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: A letter to the powers to be of ncaa football!!

yes it is because even though it's the same company it's different teams working on it. Are you going to tell me that the guys working on each game aren't trying to out do eachother every year? Also, not just Madden, but all video games compete for our money/time against eachother. If NCAA truly had zero competition then their sales numbers wouldn't be in decline since 2006 like so many people on here enjoy pointing out.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
Rookie

tbach's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think NCAA Football can really be considered a monopoly. They compete against all other games no matter the system or genre of game for our money and time. Not just football, college sports, or sports games in general.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
yes it is because even though it's the same company it's different teams working on it. Are you going to tell me that the guys working on each game aren't trying to out do eachother every year? Also, not just Madden, but all video games compete for our money/time against eachother. If NCAA truly had zero competition then their sales numbers wouldn't be in decline since 2006 like so many people on here enjoy pointing out.
seriously, NO! It's still EA all around, Madden and NCAA are in no competition and never have been.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Both the NCAA and Madden teams share info and technology. EA gets the profits from both games. They don't compete with each other. Thinking that allowing a different company to make a college football game wouldn't improve product quality is foolish.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
seriously, NO! It's still EA all around, Madden and NCAA are in no competition and never have been.
let me guess, you don't have a brother? again it's real simple if NCAA has no competition than why exactly have their sales numbers dropped?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #14
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

"again it's real simple if NCAA has no competition than why exactly have their sales numbers dropped?"

Because they have made a subpar game since 05/06 years when everything began to go downhill...but on the flip-side we may be crazy for thinking NCAA has no competion
but you are just as blinded to think that another franchise coming into the picture would not make the Dev team work harder or make the game any better what-so-ever
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVol
Because they have made a subpar game since 05/06 years when everything began to go downhill...
but if they truly had no competition than that wouldn't matter, would it?
Quote:
but on the flip-side we may be crazy for thinking NCAA has no competion but you are just as blinded to think that another franchise coming into the picture would not make the Dev team work harder or make the game any better what-so-ever
not sure i ever made that claim. I just said that they do indeed have competition already. but since you bring it up I don't see this being much of a factor historically. when 2k made a cfb game it was horrible and they had direct competition. APF didn't do much for Madden 08. Most years EA's basketball games both pro and college paled in comparison to 2Ks. Can't really talk about baseball or hockey cause I stay away from those games. I'll admit the one year that helps your argument is NFL 2k5 vs Madden 2005, but again tough for me to talk about those because I barely played Madden back then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 04:42 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbach
I don't think NCAA Football can really be considered a monopoly. They compete against all other games no matter the system or genre of game for our money and time. Not just football, college sports, or sports games in general.
In that case nothing is a monopoly. Like if Heinz was the only company making ketchup, they'd still be competing with mustard and mayo...

Not sure I'd call NCAA FB or Madden a 'monopoly' but I really think it's very unfair to the consumer and has the same effect as a monopoly because unlicensed football games just aren't going to sell like the name brand stuff.

EA's exclusive license is about as much of a monopoly as the BCS system to me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »