Home

Little things question about ncaa 2010

This is a discussion on Little things question about ncaa 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Rookie

NikB13's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Little things question about ncaa 2010

The # on the helmets being different than logos makes sense. its not the same number on every helmet its different numbers on each so that makes it different than a logo, like Adam said.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I don't get this either. Madden can have the player numbers on helmets and stuff. I don't see why they can't do it the same way Madden did it. I'm not a Bama fan, per se, but I always liked their classic uniforms and the numbers on the helmets are one of my favorite parts of that.
What team in Madden? I want to check this out...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

With the Alabama helmet situation being an optimization thing, does this mean that pride stickers also won't display during general gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yes, they are very different. We could have it show up on all the helmets but then everyone would have the same number.

so your saying that there isnt a solution coming for this issue correct?
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have a few pet peevs that I was hoping to have answers for:

1- Will the QB continue to pump fake past the LOS? (that would anger me so bad when I was 1-on-1 w/ a CB and I would try to juke and instead pump fake right into the tackle)

2- Will I be able to call a TO before the half or end of game against the CPU? (I hate the fact that the CPU snaps the ball before I have an opportunity to "ice the kicker")

3- Will the field be completely white when it snows, even w/ the lightest of snow? (NCAA 04 really looked great w/ light snow, the field wasn't white.)
Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
What team in Madden? I want to check this out...
In the Eagles-Cowboys video you can see it on the back of the Eagles helmets, the Panthers-Raiders it's on the Panthers, the Falcons-Chiefs video its on the Falcons. They all have the small numbers on the back of the helmets. In all the gameplay videos you can see the numbers in all the cutscenes of a guy getting tackled, the QB walking up to the LOS, etc.

Actually though, it does look like they might not have the individual numbers during the actual play. It's hard to tell from the quality of the videos, but they definitely have them in the multiple camera angles they show before and after plays.

This video is Atl and Dallas and isn't great quality, but it shows the closest angle during the actual gameplay. If in fact the numbers on the helmets don't show up in gameplay, then it is something that definitely needs fixed. It is a much bigger deal in NCAA than Madden because the numbers on the helmets in the NFL are so tiny in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9uwTrNlRk&hd=1
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
They all have the small numbers on the back of the helmets. In all the gameplay videos you can see the numbers in all the cutscenes of a guy getting tackled, the QB walking up to the LOS, etc.

Actually though, it does look like they might not have the individual numbers during the actual play. It's hard to tell from the quality of the videos, but they definitely have them in the multiple camera angles they show before and after plays.
Exactly what happens in NCAA. We don't render helmet numbers from the gameplay level of detail. They do appear in cut scenes and instant replay if you zoom in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

So I assume teambuilder teams will have the same problem then? What was different in last gen then, didnt they appear during normal gameplay?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »