Home

Going for it on 4th down everythime is real life stuff

This is a discussion on Going for it on 4th down everythime is real life stuff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Going for it on 4th down everythime is real life stuff

I bet football 'purists' hate him. They're stupid for it though, winning the state title is a clear indication that he knew what he was doing with his team.

As long as it's within the rules of the game, no one should judge him negatively for it.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
so bc 1 coach does it makes is legit?

I reread all the posts and I didn't see anyone say this makes it legit. (I may have missed it and if I did I apologize.) I think the TS was just pointing out an interesting article to a bunch of people that might have have found it on their own.

On topic though, I think that is pretty interesting. I love hearing stories of high school teams that have weird quirks about them.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Cheese. Plain and simple.

There is a reason 99% of coaches punt. You cant exploit real life like you can poor coding in a video game. Thank god they added the sportmanship rating this year. Peace cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Cheese. Plain and simple.

There is a reason 99% of coaches punt. You cant exploit real life like you can poor coding in a video game. Thank god they added the sportmanship rating this year. Peace cheesers.
Cheese? Nay. Champs. Class 5A State Champs to be exact. haha, just messing with you. Seriously though, when I face someone who never wants to punt it's my job to stop them. I trust no one online or off. Most people playing that way on the game will lose more often than they win.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

From what I've read on the coaching sites, this particular team was very talented even before this "no-punting" idea was put in place.

There are certainly some things other coaches could learn from here

a) Pay more attention to statistics than fans/"common" knowledge. If there really is a much higher chance of converting than the other team scoring after the turnover on downs on a given fourth down, why not?

b) This sort of approach fuels confidence in the kids. That's underrated. It also puts a larger onus on defensive coordinaters and opposing head coaches when you say "You HAVE to stop me on 4 straight downs. Give me 3 yards everytime and I win"
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Wonderful, now EA has a defense for cheese working!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #15
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53

As long as it's within the rules of the game, no one should judge him negatively for it.
Why can't people look at video games like this? I don't go for it on 4th and long, but if its 4th and 1 and I'n running Tech's Triple Option, or I have Tebow, or a great Back, I'm going for it regardless of what quarter it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

So if it is the 1st series of the game, you are on your own 10 yard line. Your going for it?

Edit: 700th Post
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »