Home

Why Not Develop on The PS3?

This is a discussion on Why Not Develop on The PS3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Why Not Develop on The PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
eventually the ps3 will show its graphical superiority as devs continue to learn about the cell processor. to people who talk like it's no big deal, pretend you were a writer. you've been writing in english your whole life, but suddenly your publisher came to you and said "your next book is in spanish, and we're going to translate it to english." how would that affect you?
Lol, eventually it will be time for xbox 720 and PS4 to be released. The consoles are upgraded about every 5 years ; xbox 360 was released in late 2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #186
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Lol, eventually it will be time for xbox 720 and PS4 to be released. The consoles are upgraded about every 5 years ; xbox 360 was released in late 2005.

If there is one thing I've learned from this latest console generation is that I'm not buyin a console at launch until a year later, especially from MS after their debacle on the 360's hardware. Unless there is a clear cut game that is a system seller for me (like Madden 2001 for the PS2 and NCAA 07 for the 360), I'll wait a year.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #187
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
Good post. They did say that the game is NOT ported from the 360 to PS3 as well. We seem to be forgetting that.

The thing with the replays is nice to know (thx Ian), so I can def see how that area between the games is a win for the 360. The bluray capacity thing on the discs however does intrigue me, and it would be nice to see how it can be used more on the PS3 end. Being able to process/handle alot more in game is another strength of the PS3 (played a little KZ2 this morning and its amazing how much action is going on between the players and environement and the amazing lighting detail in that game).
And all of this doesn't make a game. KZ2 is horrible. I have the 2 consoles and Wii. The control layout for KZ2 is horrendous and ruins the game. It doesn't matter if the game is pretty, it matters if it plays well. The control layout makes this game a bust.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #188
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Although there is some solid information here from Adam, I'm going to have to lock this up because at this point it is more 360 VS PS3 specs/exclusives instead of NCAA discussion.

Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »