Home

WOW oh WOW....

This is a discussion on WOW oh WOW.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: WOW oh WOW....

I don't understand all the negativity towards '10. Especially to the point where guys like FF are gonna pass on it. Sure it's not leaps & bounds better than last year but clearly improvements have been made. I'm having a lot of fun with the demo, imagine retail will be even better. To each their own tho.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

08 on the PS3 was noticeably worse visually than 09. I could really tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps. It was night and day honestly.

'08 was ruined by the huge amount of INTs thrown by the cpu. They were still fairly bad in '09 (hidden by the huge pass protection) but '08 also had super leaping defensive players as well. It just wasn't that fun but it was certainly more defensive in nature. I know I preferred '09 over '08 while I have read others who were like FF and preferred '08.

As for NCAA '10, I'm passing for now and that is disappointing. NCAA gaming was the majority of my time and I'm sticking with '09 and its flaws for now. '10 is broken out of the box and features a new camera that I don't like. I didn't like the demo nor the many glitches associated with it and just didn't see a big upgrade. I'll wait to rent '10 after all the patches have been fixed. I still don't trust that the sliders will work well knowing how they were handled last year and are shipped broken this year. I won't be a free beta tester nor pay full price for this game at release.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yeah. It would've been good if it wasn't an INT Festival every single game. Gamekiller of all time in my book. Absolutely hideous how many INTs the CPU threw and how many pick 6's ensued.
Yah the turnovers were ridiculous. Aside from that, it wasn't bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
The 08 version for the 360 is the best football game to date. I played on 09 for a week and traded that sh!t in, 08 is the only football game that has defense and offense that both work, not to mention the sliders work.
I still have nightmares about 08. The first problem~ Jared Zabransky on the cover. The second problem linebackers with eyes in the back of their heads that could jump 20 feet in the air and intercept every pass over the middle. The third problem~ no alternate uniforms. The fourth problem~ that stupid ring of fire after a TD... and the list goes on and on and on...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I don't understand all the negativity towards '10. Especially to the point where guys like FF are gonna pass on it. Sure it's not leaps & bounds better than last year but clearly improvements have been made. I'm having a lot of fun with the demo, imagine retail will be even better. To each their own tho.

with you man! I have said this in so many threads. Wait for the final build. Funny, many other sites with NCAA forums are giving the DEMO a thumbs up! probably will get banned for saying this but its the truth. I guess we all have opinions.My 3 surrounding states pretty much have been swamped with pre-orders. Somebody will be playing the game for damn sure. I love the feel of the DEMO, maybe its me, but see a tremendous difference in te game. This game will be a hit for sure!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
with you man! I have said this in so many threads. Wait for the final build. Funny, many other sites with NCAA forums are giving the DEMO a thumbs up! probably will get banned for saying this but its the truth. I guess we all have opinions.My 3 surrounding states pretty much have been swamped with pre-orders. Somebody will be playing the game for damn sure. I love the feel of the DEMO, maybe its me, but see a tremendous difference in te game. This game will be a hit for sure!
You won't get banned lol. You have been very clear on liking the demo and your hopes for NCAA 10. Nothing wrong with that. But you seem to imply the people that are disappointed are haters or have an agenda. This will be the first time in years that I won't buy NCAA on release day. I am disappointed and it's simply my own personal and honest opinion.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

2008 was a piece of junk. The linemen looked like refrigerator boxes with bowling balls glued to the top. And it was a pick 6 festival, even worse than 2009.

The NCAA franchise is probably 3 or 4 years away from being what it was on the last gen. I say around 2013, you might have a respectable game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

say what you wanna say. but I had a blast playing 08 yesterday, no bull. The game is cheap as hell, go play it again and see how it feels. I played 10 a few more times yesterday and I'm still in aww how bad it looks, I'm playing on PS3. The game play to is meh. I don;t wanna here anything about haters, I have bought very NCAA to date.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »