Home

So what did NCAA do right?

This is a discussion on So what did NCAA do right? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: So what did NCAA do right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
..effective sliders? ..presentation? ..any resemblance of physics? ..formation subs? ..dynasty upgrades besides little tweaks and colored menus?
Thats for NCAA 11 silly
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 8

Russell,

I love the new addition's this year. I will be purchasing the game. I know what you go through and I have a great
appreciation for what you do. I am a programmer at my job so I understand your pain. As long as there is improvement year to year I would be pleased. Nothing will be perfect. Keep up the good work. No matter how much you do people will never be happy. We live in a selfish world.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #59
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
..effective sliders? ..presentation? ..any resemblance of physics? ..formation subs? ..dynasty upgrades besides little tweaks and colored menus?
  • Gonna be Patched - Sucks it got broke at the end (and oddly enough it was a different problem after we went and looked)
  • New Band Formations?
  • Have you seen the way the ball gets tipped/falls at all this year? I'd say that are pretty accurate. And I would agree we should look into a bit more with turn rates and the size of players, they don't feel like they matter quite enough
  • Fair enough, but there are Packages
  • Competitive Recruiting
Saying we can do more is fair, saying you don't agree with every choice is fair (those are opinions)... "throwing out the baby with the bath water" (just bashing everything) isn't.

But them be the forums sometimes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
  • Gonna be Patched - Sucks it got broke at the end (and oddly enough it was a different problem after we went and looked)
  • New Band Formations?
  • Have you seen the way the ball gets tipped/falls at all this year? I'd say that are pretty accurate. And I would agree we should look into a bit more with turn rates and the size of players, they don't feel like they matter quite enough
  • Competitive Recruiting
Saying we can do more is fair, saying you don't agree with every choice is fair (those are opinions)... "throwing out the baby with the bath water" (just bashing everything) isn't.

Dont kid yourself
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Some of the stuff in this thread is valid; others I don't agree with... however I'm going to jack an old post of mine just to point out the "nothing new" posts are a tad inaccurate. (I left out Road to Glory since that isn't really an OS Favorite )

Let's see... we have all these strategy elements: http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...-strategy.aspx Nice.

Dynasty got Competitive Recruiting and all of this stuff: http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...y-details.aspx Nice for OD'ers.

All of that this stuff is just off the top of my head (well I cheated a little and used some old blogs/posts I could remember), I may have forgot things we already talked about.

*From Game-play round-up:

Pass Blocking
  • Branch Windows - Nice.
  • Steering and Manipulation - Nice.
Adaptive AI
  • CPU will adapt to your play calling - Nice.
Catch Steering
  • Catches near the sideline will try and turn you up field - Nice addition.
WR/Defensive Back Interactions
  • Route Running and Man Coverage - Nice, from the demo man coverage still seems somewhat lackadaisical. But I will hold off until I play the final build.
  • WR/DB Jostling - Nice.
  • Press / Release - What is new about this? Haven't you always had the ability to press the WR? or are you saying something else? A little more clarification would be nice.
Layered Blending
  • Throwing when being hit - Awesome addition and it does create a risk/reward factor, I like.
Inaccurate Passing
  • Passes miss in a more logical direction (not random) - Nice.
Procedural Awareness
  • Head Tracking - Nice, but I believe if this took priority over other things that it could've been left alone from last years build.
Pursuit Angles
  • Sideline Pursuit - Excellent... will also have to wait and see if its really corrected.
Then there is stuff that has not been blogged about, only talked about on some forum posts... like?

CPU Passing improved
  • They will throw down field more often Nice, very nice!
Defensive Line will get up and tip passes
  • And I mean tipped, not just knocked down Nice!
Break out of tackles
  • From Madden 09 you can try and break out of tackles after they start Nice, very nice!
Intercepting Pitches
  • You can actually catch a pitch if you get in-between the QB and the pitch man (instead of it just bouncing off you and hitting the ground) Nice, very nice!
Non-Catch Catches
  • Players will go for a catch even when they will not catch the ball Nice... very authentic.
Slips on Routes
  • In bad weather players have a chance to slip when running routes Nice... very authentic.
Tons of new animations (examples below):
  • Tackles Nice.
  • Over the Shoulder Catches Nice.
  • Motion Hand-offs Nice.
  • Shotgun Hand-offs Nice.
Now what about the Dline play?

What about all the mistakes in the final product?

Its nice that all of these additions made it in, but really do you expect us to just say awesome and forget about incorrect rosters and sliders that don't work, not to mention Bama's helmet or Iowa's facemask?

Its nice to have a roster available around launch day and that should be expected for a mistake... now regarding the sliders? Broke in 09... then fixed in a patch.... then broke again? Well how does that happen? Alot of us would have almost no problem, if "x" problem happens as long as we can adjust the game (sliders) and then we can fix the problems that we see fit.

Now when you patch the game and the sliders work will they work in Online Dynasties in user vs user games? Or is that locked again to default sliders?

I appreciate you guys coming here and letting us in on the info and stuff.... but c'mon guys you have to expect some heat when stuff comes out broken.

An opinion from a long time NCAA player.

Last edited by chia51; 07-08-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Started when Russ first posted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #62
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
  • New Band Formations?
  • Competitive Recruiting

Band Formations are meh. Time used on that could have been used on other ways to improve presentation, like having players enter the field with their team specific entrance and warm up on the field pre-game like we used to. And packages have been there for years and it's still not formation subs nor a suitable replacement.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #63
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm picking up the game. I was on the fence but my enjoyment of teambuilder has sold me on the game. I don't expect it to be perfect, but the truth be told I had so much fun with 09. It wasn't a great game, but man did I have fun with it.

Sure there are issues that shouldn't be there, but at least they've caught them before release. Hopefully that means a release day patch or just a week after.

Another reason I've decided to support them at least one more year is OMT. He is an up front guy and and I do feel is working hard to try and make the game better. I respect each of you who feel you should wait till NCAA 11 to get it because I do feel a lot of these issues will be fixed next year. Yes I hate the fact I have to wait, but I enjoyed the feel of the game last year and believe it will at least be fun this year.

I hate the fact my team (Southern Mississippi) isn't going to have its expansion in the game this year, cause it damn well should be, but I decided I want the game anyway. I'm looking forward to playing with the teams I've created on teambuilder. I think this game will be fun.

That said, this will be my last year if we see the same issues next year and Southern Miss' expansion isn't in the game. But for me Teambuilder earned this game a free pass for me. Maybe not for all of you, but for me it did.

That being said there are few things that I want to bring up that I feel it is a JOKE that EA hasn't addressed yet.

1. All the D1 Stadiums. Its been three years, four if you count this one, Russell. Its time to finally stop give us excuses and get this done. This is a joke it has taken this long.
2. Major Stadium expansions, like at Southern Miss not being included this year. It was ready last year. You get a pass on last year, but this year it damn well should have been in.
3. Formation subs. This is an easy one. It has been in NCAA until current gen came around and you took it from us. It is a huge part of college football and should NOT be over looked.
4. 85 man roster. Its about time to make this finally happen.
5. Spring game. Last gen has it. Guess our extra ten bucks means we deserve less.

Those complaints shouldn't still be there. So while I've chosen to still get it, I see why others aren't.

Russell, please address these issue and why they aren't there. I'm still a supporter until next year comes and its the same song and dance. Band formations should NOT have come before all the stadiums are right. I'm sorry but that's a fail.

Last edited by thescoop; 07-08-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:

That baby is 4 years old and the bath water is cold.. The minor tweaks & questionable additions have made this game stale. What is the direction of this franchise?? And how can there seriously be a person in charge who says "no" to things like form. subs or refs... basic football things. A maximum overhaul is needed for NCAA 11, ala Madden 10.

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-08-2009 at 03:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »