Home

Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009

This is a discussion on Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #49
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009

I'd say no if I got it for $60, but I got it for only $15. I only played about 6 or 7 actuall games because I didn't like how it played but I did play quite a lot of campus legend, so I'd say yes.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #50
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

Nope, I played it some during the fall last year, went out and bought NBA 2k9 and played that for a while. i popped in 09 a couple of days ago and found I wasn't getting as much enjoyment out of it as I used to. I grabbed 07 and put that in my PS3 and it was much better(Thank God mine was backwards compatible)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #51
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
After 33+ combined online dynasty seasons, I would have to say yes, I got my money's worth. I played well over 500 games of NCAA 09. I've always judged whether or not I get my money's worth based on the cost per hour of gameplay. Since I've played as many games as I have I've paid pennies per hour for 09. It has it's flaws, but it's football. There hasn't been a football game issued on any version of any system that hasn't had its flaws. From the turbo C button on the sega genesis to the 99 speed guys in NCAA 09. But we had a group that had a blast playing together and got through a number of seasons in each of the online dynasties I participated in. In summary, definite yes.
true. no football game is perfect, nor do i expect it to be perfect. but still, some bugs are inexcusable.
Always have loved the NCAA series over madden. Regardless of any bugs I still love the game and in the end I just want to play some football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Nope, definitely not. Only played about 5 games online and 4 of them were bad cheesers. Played probably 20-30 games with friends, and I'm pretty sure I never played a full single player game because of how annoyed I was with the overall feel of the game. I think I've played one game of NCAA 10 in the past 7-8 months. Meanwhile I've played hundreds of games of ps2 football games in that period.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #53
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

I bought 09 on release last year for the 360 and still play it regularly. Looking forward to doing the same with 10 - which is an improvement from 09 (if only minor) that also brings back CAS, one of my favorite features from back in the PS2 and Xbox days.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:51 AM   #54
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Despite a few big flaws with NCAA 09 I definitely got my money's worth and I don't play online. Got over 100 games with it and have started another dynasty offline since I quit playing around Christmas. Football season always brings me back.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

I returned NCAA 09 for credit within about two weeks so, no, I didn't get my money's worth. I didn't like it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #56
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I got my moneys worth out of it. I Played it a lot more than I thought I would. I did not even do an online dynasty. I prefer offline play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »