Home

Centrals New Uniforms.

This is a discussion on Centrals New Uniforms. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Centrals New Uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If you knew football you'd know the numbers that Lefevour is capable of putting up and the skills he has.

Name 1 team outside of Ohio State in the B10 that wouldn't want a senior QB with his credentials taking the snaps.

2007 he had 3600 yards passing, 1122 Rushing and 47 TD's. Only player ever besides V Young to pass for 3000 and rush for 1000 in the same year.

2008 he was banged up, but he's healthy again.
There's no question he would start on a lot of teams. I don't disagree that he's a good QB because he is. But start on every team? Let's be realistic here. No he wouldn't start over Pryor but only because the love fest of TP. But I'll go on.

He wouldn't start over Daryll Clark at Penn State.
He wouldn't start over Juice Williams at Illinois.
He wouldn't start over Adam Weber at Minnesota.
He might have a QB competition with Stanzi at Iowa.
And I would imagine Northwestern is pretty happy with Bacher.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
There's no question he would start on a lot of teams. I don't disagree that he's a good QB because he is. But start on every team? Let's be realistic here. No he wouldn't start over Pryor but only because the love fest of TP. But I'll go on.

I think what my guy was trying to say was that he has the ability to start on any big ten team not actually start over the current qbs.

He could take the wisconsin job tho.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #19
Pro

wisecav's Arena

When he said "start on every Big 10 team," he didn't really specify whether or not it would be over the current QB's. That's just how I understood it. I completely agree that LeFevour is a great QB and he could start on some Big10 teams. I just thought he meant over all of them. My mistake if that is indeed how he meant it.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Adidas rolling out the cookie-cutter uniforms for yet another team.

Pretty soon we're going to have almost half the teams in the country using Nike with the ridiculous bra straps...another almost half the teams in the country using Adidas with the ridiculous piping...and about 3 teams that are using UnderArmour jerseys that all look the same.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
Banned

ka520's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan13
last I checked it was Maroon and gold! not yellow
Can someone tell Arizona St that please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav

I would have to disagree, at least in part. Anyone that has watched enough of DL would know that his talent is absolutely unreal. He absolutely would be starting over Bacher or Stanzi, and would give both Weber and Williams a run for their money IF he had been there competing for his entire career. Clark matured very well last year, so I would agree that he probably would not start over Clark, but PSU would not be missing much if they had DL over Clark.

The problem is, there is this general misconception that if a QB is good in the MAC, it is only because they are playing MAC opponents. While that argument holds some water, I don't believe that it is that way with DL. Lets compare Lefevour's stats in his career against D1-A opponents not in the MAC conference with Daryll Clark's stats in a major conference from last year.

Lefevour - 9 games - 213-364 (58.5%), 2266 Yards, 18 TD 8 INT, 101 Rush, 412 Yds, 7 TD
Clark - 11 Games - 192-321 (59.8%), 2592 Yards, 19TD 6INT, 79 Rush, 292 Yds, 10 TD

So, as you can see, they are pretty similar. And it's not like Lefevour's 9 games were against patsies either, you had Georgia, Purdue x2, Kansas, Army, Clemson, Boston College, Michigan and Kentucky.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he could start for ANY B10 team right now, and they would not miss a step.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
Pro

wisecav's Arena

Like I said in an earlier post, I thought the OP meant start OVER any QB in the Big10. I know he's a good QB and I would be fine with LeFevour under center at Penn State. I guess I'm biased though because I would take Clark over LeFevour any day.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #24
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

It's not that big of a difference from the old one's.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »