Home

What If Wanted to Trade it in to Gamestop?

This is a discussion on What If Wanted to Trade it in to Gamestop? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What If Wanted to Trade it in to Gamestop?

They may take it but they definitely wouldn't sell it until the street date (release date)
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #50
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
New titles, as I have seen, are always resold at $54.99. I honestly think it is kind of stupid--why not just spend the extra five dollars and get a new copy?

Blockbuster also accepts trade-ins around me. They typically give you five more dollars than Gamestop will, but you only get store credit with them. It's pointless unless you plan to use the money to buy another game.
GS pushes the used titles for one reason: It makes them more money!

I can see one reason for going used rather than going new. If you are an Edge card member. The Edge card costs $15 bucks for the year (can be cheaper at times, but you also get a magazine subscription). It provides 10% off used games and accessories and it "stacks" with their other deals. So a 54.99 game is actually less roughly $50 if you are a member.

I shop at Gamestop regularly, so the Edge card has paid for itself multiple times for me and I think its one of their best perks.

As for Blockbuster...they're just too iffy in terms of selection. Their prices on new merchandise (espc movies) is terrible and the ones around here usually have jack for games. Some Blockbusters sell those prepaid gift cards to other stores though and you can use the store credit to buy them.

Last edited by realultimatepower; 07-12-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned as I do not wish to read five pages at the moment, but trading anything to Gamestop (ever) is a foolish act. Considering that the game has yet to be released, a post on craigslist or eBay will get you nearly all of your money back.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »