Home

More on sam keller and the lawsuit

This is a discussion on More on sam keller and the lawsuit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #73
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: More on sam keller and the lawsuit

i would love to see myself in a video game. this whole lawsuit thing is stupid.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #74
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Guess Create A Player must be removed. They are making money off of me putting myself in the game, since I buy it to play as myself.

Or should I get compensated?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #75
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Guess Create A Player must be removed. They are making money off of me putting myself in the game, since I buy it to play as myself.

Or should I get compensated?
Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing myself! They owe me royalities since NCAA 99!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
No actually that was half of your argument. The other half was being compensated for how much money the schools and NCAA made off of them. You really have no ground to stand on and you aren't convincing anybody.
Yes and that brings into question, as I stated before, what about the women's swim team? They don't bring in the revenue the football teams do. Do you then take away their scholarships because they aren't a money maker? When you start to view this as athletes being professional then it works both ways, those who make money get money is only half of the equation.

It's just not a well thought out argument that student athletes, especially football student athletes put forth. They are already getting paid a huge amount by getting an education and a stage for a possible career involving millions.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, they're so terrible, the NCAA, giving away a free education for guys willing to chase around a football on a field.
NCAA isn't giving away anything, The Schools are and you continue to say GIVE. It is earned
Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #78
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

Point is, In the end, the college students CHOOSE to play football at their respective schools. No one's forcing them. The deal is, if they want to play for the schools, they don't get paid for anything that results from playing for these schools. If they don't like it, they don't ever have to play. It's their choice. They go into this knowing that they can't make any money off of it unless they get into the pros. You may think EA and the NCAA exploits the students, but in the end, they both are businesses that have to make money off of their product. The students are not being forced to play.

You know what an analogy of this would be? If you chose to take an unpaid internship, helped the company you work for make a lot of money, then tried to sue them because they made money off of you but you didn't get anything out of that. Doesn't that sound ridiculous? Well it's the same thing. The students go into college football knowing they won't be paid.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants

Last edited by Shade Shadows; 07-12-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

^ well put. They get to go to college for free just for playing a kids games. That really sucks and all me and my sister have to do is hope we dont get killed fighting for our country just so we can afford school. Life is just not fair.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #80
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn16
^ well put. They get to go to college for free just for playing a kids games. That really sucks and all me and my sister have to do is hope we dont get killed fighting for our country just so we can afford school. Life is just not fair.
You chose to join the Military. How is that not fair?

Let me add that I really respect that decision though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »