Home

Anyone else miss this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else miss this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

stalouis's Arena

OVR: 1
Anyone else miss this?

Remember when they had ncaa violations and sanctions? Recruiting players with sub-par gpas and troublesome pasts? I miss that. I thought it added an air of realism to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anyone else miss this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalouis
Remember when they had ncaa violations and sanctions? Recruiting players with sub-par gpas and troublesome pasts? I miss that. I thought it added an air of realism to the game.
I loved it. If only they would add a feature where you could pay a recruit at the risk of punishment, and if you get caught, you lose scholarships and maybe wins.

The NCAA would NEVER allow it, but it's a good dream.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Yea I remember it... somehow they can't figure out how to include it again.

Def. a cool dynasty feature.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Loved this feature. Has FSU and man almost every game it was cheating, beating they girlfriend or something else but it made for necessary depth.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11

Hell ya this was a great addition. I can still remember how I followed the rules and gave all my guys suspensions 1 week longer than told to except for my bowl game when I let a guy totally off the hook (didn't hurt me though).

But ya this is one of those small things that was so good but got taken out of the gameplay in the later versions (as well as post and pre game animations, and all that good stuff that has to be put back in).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

How can anyone like this feature? There was no rhyme or reason to who got suspended...It was almost always the best players on the team for the biggest games. Most of the players that got suspended had A+ discipline. I hated that feature. I hope they never put it back in the game, or if they do, make sure undisciplined kids gets suspended not A+ disciplined kids.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty
How can anyone like this feature? There was no rhyme or reason to who got suspended...It was almost always the best players on the team for the biggest games. Most of the players that got suspended had A+ discipline. I hated that feature. I hope they never put it back in the game, or if they do, make sure undisciplined kids gets suspended not A+ disciplined kids.
To say to never put the feature back in is a bit of a stretch. As you can see you already elaborated on the possible 'fixes' that needed to be put in. I think this feature was by far the greatest "little things" features from a video game. Shows a lot of what was priority from then and what the priority is these days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »