Home

Teamxbox NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on Teamxbox NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #17
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Teamxbox NCAA Football 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Played the demo, read the impressions, watched the videos.. I see NCAA 09 with little tweaks.

I will rent it though sometime next week just to "play it" so everyone can stop using that line.
And you'll personally go out of your way to find out everything wrong with the game for no other reason than because Iowa's face masks are wrong again. Dammit, you're stuff is in EVERY NCAA thread this year and it's progressively worsened after you found out the masks were wrong again. Your signature says it all, just spare us, and don't even play the damn game and enjoy the other forums for the year and then come back NEXT year when they address this pressing face mask issue.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Played the demo, read the impressions, watched the videos.. I see NCAA 09 with little tweaks.

I will rent it though sometime next week just to "play it" so everyone can stop using that line.
Well you seem like you have already made up your mind that it sucks, so really, why bother?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #19
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
This thread has become a joke. Can you all step off your gaming thrones for a second and calm down. You don't even have the game yourselves probably, and last time I checked, not everyone will agree with your almighty opinions.

Though, some of their review is obviously biased, they do take note of nuances and things which may be annoying. Teamxbox is very reliable in my opinion and in all honesty IGN, Gamespot etc, have been known to be wrong as well. Get off your high horses people. I do not have the game myself, so I cannot agree totally with what they are saying, but it is nice to see more positive impressions coming in. Add in some default rosters and some sliders to be patched and I can't see much wrong over an upgrade to NCAA 09.
First off, I'm not a 10 year old who doesn't know what they're talking about. Yes, I have played the retail version for atleast 7 hours at an old college buddy's home. I'm on the fence and wanted to see how it played after they tweaked the demo. I don't like rating games before playing it for a few weeks, but I can honestly say that this game does not deserve the rating they gave. It's not even a 9. BTW, I'm not GOD and neither are you. It is only my opinion just like you posted your childish response.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
From Teamxbox

NCAA 10 (360) - 9.3
NCAA 09 (360) - 8.5
NCAA 08 (360) - 8.5
NCAA 07 (360) - 8.5
NCAA 06 (Xbox) - 9.4
NCAA 05 (Xbox) - 9.4
NCAA 04 (Xbox) - 9.1
NCAA 03 (Xbox) - 8.9

No way in hell this game stacks up against arguably the best in the series, 2006
You haven't played it, how the hell do you know? Just because Iowa's facemasks are the wrong color? People like you are possibly the most annoying of all.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
And you'll personally go out of your way to find out everything wrong with the game for no other reason than because Iowa's face masks are wrong again. Dammit, you're stuff is in EVERY NCAA thread this year and it's progressively worsened after you found out the masks were wrong again. Your signature says it all, just spare us, and don't even play the damn game and enjoy the other forums for the year and then come back NEXT year when they address this pressing face mask issue.
Wrong. If you read my demo impressions I pointed out a bunch of positives the game showed me.. Yes the bad out weighs the good this year, but that is my opinion, I'm entitled to it, and I'm going to share it with whoever is willing to listen.. And what gives you the right to call me out? Go try your condescending tone with one of the newer members, you actually might be able to pull off this bravado with one of them.. Until then, I'll post what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Well you seem like you have already made up your mind that it sucks, so really, why bother?
Possibly to see what positives they could actually build upon, to write up my own review, see if its at all different from the demo, & to get the draft classes for my madden franchises.

Do I pass the test?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #22
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Because if he doesn't come in here to complain, then we'll never know he hates it so!!!

Anyway. TeamXbox is what it is, a good site for community stuff, but not the best site for reviews. However, everyone who is on here trashing the game for a review that is obviously one person's opinion is seriously in need of a wakeup call.

Unless you've played the game, just stop. Yawn.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Having played the retail version for a few hours, I can say that review is a joke. It really feels like '09 with some tweaks. Those tweaks fix some problems (like me not seeing the robo-qb YET), but in the end it's not anywhere close to what this series was last-gen. I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the score next to graphics. At 1080p this game looks like garbage compared to the standard bearers like FNR4. I was also sorely disappointed that so much of the cool stuff that they added REQUIRES internet access, which forced me to move around and hook my 360 up to my modem. 90% of the new "stuff" in this game is really just snazzy menus that they tweaked. I don't see any modes that blow my mind or any gameplay changes that really move me. It's a decent enough game to hold me until the Madden demo comes out, but then I'll move on. Just my $.02, take it or leave it.

Last edited by mashaddict; 07-11-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #24
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

If NCAA gets a 9.3, what does Madden get?

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »