Home

Too early for bug thread?

This is a discussion on Too early for bug thread? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10
Too early for Official Bug thread?

I wasn't sure of the protocol as to when the typical 'bug' thread gets created, but since the Impressions thread is getting huge, I would hate to loose sight of anything someone might find. If it is the time, here is one that I believe I have found. If this is not the time, then mods feel free to lock.

This is copied from the Impressions thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I recently started tinkering with the auto subs so I could get backup players some time and I'm a little concerned at what I'm seeing. I have seen this stuff in the last 4 or so games I have tried.

Here is an example:

- I set auto sub for RB at 85 out and 95 in.
- I play on AA at 7 minutes
- I have fatigue turned on.
- I use Penn State and run very heavy (in this example I had 57 running plays).

Quick summary of events:

- Starting RB plays for about 1/2 of the first quarter then gets hurt and out for the game. Up until then, no other RB subbed in which I guess I can understand.

- Backup RB enters the game and plays all the way through mid third qtr, without any backup RB coming in

- Finally about the mid point of third QTR, backup RB comes in (really 3rd stringer).

- The third RB goes the entire rest of the game, until less than a minute left in the 4th QTR without ever being subbed. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

- With a minute left in the 4th, my fourth string RB comes back in and finishes the game. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

Observations:

- Once a RB got subbed for, it didn't appear they ever got back into the game, which seems odd since I have the 'in' at 95.

- Seems like the fatigue of a player takes a very long time before it takes effect.

- I have no idea why once a player comes out then never went back in. Maybe the replenishment of stamina is taking a very long time.

I also had all the other positions with customized auto subs (used last years) and no one on my defensive line ever came out.

I will try changing the auto sub numbers again, but this does have me a little concerned. I could understand it taking a little while longer to fatigue, but never to come back into the game, seems odd.

Anybody else test this yet?
Well, defintely an issue here. I changed my auto subs for the RB to out at 90 and back in at 95. This actually worked pretty good in the first half. My RB came out about every 4-6 plays depending on length of drive and runs. I also changed my DE/DT to out at 95 and back in at 100 and it worked well too in the 1st half.

Now here is the BIG issue. When a player gets subbed in the 2nd half of the game, the original starter NEVER comes back into the game. You can't even manually bring them back in the game. They show up on the rosters but no way to bring them back. I tried changing the depth chart, mass subs, etc. and they never come back. When my RB came out in the 2nd half, he never ever came back in. Same thing happened to my defensive end.

Overall, really liking the game, but this kind of stinks. I have only played non-dynasty games so don't know if it happens there as well.

Last edited by SlyBelle; 07-10-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Too early for bug thread?

Never too early for a bug thread.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

obviously too early for a wishlist sub forum.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

Bad news. The issue with the subbing also happens within Dynasty. Anytime a player is auto subbed in the 2nd half, the original starting player can NEVER return.

I also had my DE/DT set to 95 out and 100 in and they never subbed in the last game at all.

MODS: Any chance we can sticky this thread or create one to use for bug tracking?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

Mods, feel free to close since an official bug thread has been created.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Just a thought on the subs thing, and really just a stab in the dark here:

Is it possible the settings are set to have the cpu assist on stuff like that? Like where you set the run and pass ratio for your offense you used to be able to let the coaches help set up the rosters I think.

Maybe it is pulling the starters out in late games with the settings that are on and you have to over ride those settings before you start a game.

Not sure like I said, just a guess at something, don't even have the game yet myself.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 AM   #7
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Just a thought on the subs thing, and really just a stab in the dark here:

Is it possible the settings are set to have the cpu assist on stuff like that? Like where you set the run and pass ratio for your offense you used to be able to let the coaches help set up the rosters I think.

Maybe it is pulling the starters out in late games with the settings that are on and you have to over ride those settings before you start a game.

Not sure like I said, just a guess at something, don't even have the game yet myself.
I don't think those type of settings exist in Play Now mode but I'll check. Also, my games have been pretty close so I would be concerned they were pulling their starters at this point. Lastly, they only get pulled after the original started gets fatigued. If they were being pulled because of game situation, I would have thought the original back would not have even started the 2nd half.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I don't think those type of settings exist in Play Now mode but I'll check. Also, my games have been pretty close so I would be concerned they were pulling their starters at this point. Lastly, they only get pulled after the original started gets fatigued. If they were being pulled because of game situation, I would have thought the original back would not have even started the 2nd half.
Ok, probably nothing I said then, not sure what could be causing that. Hopefully it is not a wide spread problem or a developer could shed some light on it if he sees this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »