Home

Way to turn off Season Showdown Indicators?

This is a discussion on Way to turn off Season Showdown Indicators? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Way to turn off Season Showdown Indicators?

If you do not participate in SS, they do not show up. Just played a OD game against a user that is a non-participant last night. Never showed any points for them. Actually, in OD's that have rules against gameplanning, this is a way to beat the system. Thinking about petitioning to have users in OD all have to have it for "trusted" straight play.

Mike
Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

As others have (correctly) said, you don't get the pop ups if you don't sign up.

There's no way to turn them off if you've signed up and are playing an online game against another user.

If you're playing against the CPU (play now, offline dynasty, online dynasty) you can turn them off if they really bother you that much. If you're not connected to the EA servers for any part of the game, then you don't get the pop ups. Do this by pulling your LAN cable (or wireless USB connection) either briefly or permanently.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

My brother got a hold of it and randomly picked Oregon as my team... there's no way to change it so Oregon's getting all my points lol
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

They MAKE YOU choose a team which, in turn, sticks you with the SS for good. Its a pain in the izzazz...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #21
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
umm...just ignore it? its a small tab on the score display...big deal. its not like the SS stuff affects how you play. so just ignore it.
Well, you get sick of its nagging, especially when there are idiotic warnings all in red.

I play offline, man v. CPU.

The thing seems to feel you should just fall on the ball if you're ahead by like three scores. A big run draws a nag. Almost any pass draws a nag. And you're rewarded for sportsmanship for meaningless routine play such as punting.

The sportsmanship nags -- such as you're in 3 and 7 and pass -- soon become hard-to-ignore red flags and just plain piss you off. Both for the visual distraction and for the dumb logic that's applied in the nags.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
umm...just ignore it? its a small tab on the score display...big deal. its not like the SS stuff affects how you play. so just ignore it.
This.

Also, if for whatever reason this small little tab is that bothersome, then just unplug your ethernet cable.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Season Showdown drives me batty. I hate that if you have more then 3 td lead, you cannot do anything but run the ball in the 2nd half of a game without getting knocked for "Running up the Score". I mean really, they expect you to do nothing but run for a complete half of football? Meaning the CPU will run blitz every down, its simply unrealistic to expect that.

I dont really even care about the SS numbers so I dont know why it bothers me, but it just does. One game my first possession in the 2nd half. I was up by 4 tds against a rival team with almost equal ratings, my plan was to score my first possession put the game out of reach even if the CPU cheeses, then sub in my backups for the rest of the game. My first play in the 2nd half I throw a pass, and get hit for poor sportsmanship...I mean...really? Ridiculous.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22apwrd94
If you do not participate in SS, they do not show up. Just played a OD game against a user that is a non-participant last night. Never showed any points for them. Actually, in OD's that have rules against gameplanning, this is a way to beat the system. Thinking about petitioning to have users in OD all have to have it for "trusted" straight play.

Mike
this is exactly what I was thinking about when I saw this guys question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »